Chapter 17

It's been days, and both Fenrys and I refuse to make the first move towards forgiving each other.

Neither of us are angry anymore, we're just too proud to admit it. I've mostly been hanging out with Dorian, but I also spent a lot of time with Manon and Rowan.

Fenrys is pissed about that, of course, but doesn't say anything.

We've both been sleeping in our seperate rooms, refusing to even acknowledge each other.

Everyone else has noticed, and I assume Dorian told them what happened, because none of them ask questions. In fact, Rowan seems mildly pleased.

As I woke up today, though, I finally admitted what I've known this whole time. I miss him.

So much it's become a physical ache in my chest. I miss his lazy grin when he first wakes up. I've missed that low chuckle every time I crack a joke. I miss his sense of humor. I miss everything.

Enough is enough, I decide, opening my closet. Fenrys helped me organize it so I can pick clothes out myself.

Even thinking of him causes a pang in my chest, urging me to run to him. It's unnatural for mates to go this long without seeing each other.

I push it aside and instead focus on picking out something to catch his attention.

I grab a pair of black shorts, already being able to tell that they'll barely cover my ass. At least it's summer, so these will seem casual, even though I almost never wear shorts.

I reach for a cropped white t-shirt, and smile as I remember the last time I wore this shirt. It drove Fenrys insane.

I find my matching black lace undergarments and grin as I remember Fen telling me this shirt was just slightly see-through.

I slip on my white shoes and leave my hair down as I walk out the door, chin held high.

Oh Fenrys, you have no idea what's coming to you.

***

Fenrys:

Jax is late.

Now, this might not be worrisome if it was anyone else, but Jax is never late to breakfast. It's her favorite meal.

I feel an ache in my chest as I think about her, and can't push it away no matter how hard I try.

I want nothing more than to run back into her room and beg for her forgiveness. My stupid pride is the only thing standing in the way.

I miss her so much it physically hurts. My heart is pounding with worry when the doors swing open.

My heart then stops completely.

Jax is standing there in tiny black shorts and a white crop top...that I can just barely see her black bra through.

I have to cover my mouth to suppress a growl as I realize I'm not the only one seeing her like this.

She struts to the table and pulls out her chair, casually sitting down as if this is completely normal.

Oh, she definitely did this on purpose.

I know that she can definitely smell my desire, and I fight to suppress my scent so no one else can smell it.

She sniffs her plate, already filled with food, and smiles before digging into her meal.

Conversation slowly resumes, and eventually everyone is carrying on normally. Except for me.

I can't stop staring at my mate. Damn she's beautiful.

I watch as she laughs and talks to everybody, perfectly content to simply watch her for as long as I can.

I forget, for a moment, that she's mad at me and place a hand on her thigh, rubbing slow circles. She jumps before turning to me.

"What are you doing?" She whispers urgently, trying to push my hand away. I grip tighter, and she takes a sharp breath.

"Oh no, love. You think I don't realize what you're doing?" I slowly inch my hand higher while pretending to be interested in whatever story Aedion is telling.

She starts squirming, and I lean towards her slightly.

    "The more you move, the higher I go." I whisper, inching my hand slightly upward.

She stills, and I smile at the effect I have on her. She leans towards me slightly.

"I'm still mad at you." She says unconvincingly, and I turn to face her, a small smile playing at the corners of my mouth.

"We both know that's not true, love..." I say softly, and some of the tension eases from her body.

"Can we talk? Privately?" She asks, and I nod, relief flooding my body.

We both get up and slip out without a word, walking back to her room.

***

Jax:

I turn to face Fenrys after shutting the door, taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I should've talked things out with you instead of pushing you away." He steps forward so there's less than a foot of space between us.

"I forgive you. I forgave you a long time ago, actually. I'm sorry for being overly possessive, and not taking it seriously when you tried to talk to me." I smile, relief flooding my body.

"I forgive you, too. I haven't been mad for a while." I can feel his happiness, and we both simultaneously reach forward and wrap each other in a hug.

I wrap my arms around the back of his neck and hold him tightly, breathing in his scent. I can feel him doing the same to me, and I let myself melt into his arms, finally feeling whole again.

I missed him so, so much.

We spend a couple moment just holding each other when the air around us changes.

It become charged, and I pull back to place a hand on Fen's face, feeling his desire through the mate bond. I stand on my tip toes and reach forward, pressing my lips against his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I should have drawn it out more...but I really didn't feel like it :)

I'm considering writing another book (likely not a fanfic) that's more of a slow burn, but I'm incredibly impatient so we'll see how that turns out XD

As always, don't forget to vote and comment luvs!!!