Prologue

Smoke. Screaming. Death.

I shoot up in my bed, the heavy scent of fear invading my nose. I run to my window, eyes widening at the destruction taking place.

The king's men slaughtering everyone in sight. I'm frozen in place as I watch a soldier's sword pierce a woman's heart.

The life leaves her eyes slowly, and the soldier smiles as she falls to the ground.

Her blood so red. So red.

I almost throw up as the sword leaves her body, my heightened senses allowing me to hear the sickening sound of metal scraping against bone.

I hear a high-pitched scream and turn to see Peson, my neighbors' son, crying over the bodies of his parents.

My heart clenches, and I unfreeze, running outside, intent on saving as many people as I can.

A man in armor starts shouting, pointing at me. I reach for my powers, but I can't access them. I'm confused, but there's time to think about that later.

I grab my sword, killing anyone who gets close to me. I see the other villagers staring at me, and briefly turn to them.

"Go! Run!" They don't need to be told twice as they begin evacuating into the woods.

I continue fighting, my anger pulsing through me, motivating me enough to keep swinging my sword, despite my draining energy.

I haven't been eating or training properly, and I'm a lot weaker than I used to be. I notice that they've created a circle around me, trapping me in the middle. I roll my shoulders, holding my sword up as I prepare for a fight.

Then, I feel it. A burning in my back, like someone lit it on fire.

I cry out, falling to the ground as my limbs seem to burn me from the inside out. Iron.

A solder presses his boot against my back, pulling the iron-tip arrow out as he does so. When I attempt to escape, he presses harder, chuckling darkly.

"Oh no, bitch. You killed my men. We have a special punishment for an abomination like you."

He's going to kill me...and he's going to make it hurt.

I feel the fear spark in me, but don't let it show as I do my best to turn and face him, letting my rage shine through my eyes, enough that I can sense his slight fear. I stare straight into his eyes.

"Then I'll see you in hell, asshole."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAYYY PROLOGUE DONE!

It gets MUCH better, pinky promise!

Until next time, luvs<3