Chapter 51: Prom night shopping.

Author's pov

The gang was gathered at the entrance of the mall.

"Guys, I told my father about my results and he was really proud of me. He rewarded me with 7 tickets to Singapore when school's out." Snotlout announced.

"Woah, I can't wait!" Heather said. "Anyways, let's go pick our prom outfits, me and the girls will go together and the guys will go together. We'll meet back here at 4.45pm" She continued as everyone split ways to search for their prom outfits.

Girls pov

The three girls searched around the mall to find their prom outfit but didn't know where to find the perfect one. They have gone into a few shops but none of the styles suited them.

"So, girls, who are you asking to prom?" Ruffnut asked.

"I think you know who I'm asking, right?" Astrid smirked and Heather and Ruffnut laughed.

"Of course we all know you're going with Hiccup." Heather teased. "Hey we should try this shop, my mom works here." She suggested as the girls entered the store.

"Heather, what brings you and your girlfriends here today." Heather's mom greeted the three girls.

"Hi Mom, me and my friends came here to pick out a prom dress since prom is this Friday." Heather replied.

"Would you and your friends wanna wear something brightly coloured or dark." Heather's mom asked.

"Maybe something pastel coloured would look nice, we don't want to look too overdressed." Astrid replied.

"Or too emo." Ruffnut added.

"I have plenty of pastel coloured dresses, let me go get them to let you guys see, feel free to look around." Heather's mom said as she left the girls to look at other dresses.

"Hey guys, I found this red sleeveless dress." Ruffnut said as she pulled out the dress from the railing.

"Ummm, maybe not, kinda reminds me of Hiccup's ex who is definitely gonna wear that." Astrid said as Ruffnut placed the dress back at its position.

"Aha, found it." Heather's mom said as she held three dresses resembling the colours of Powerpuff girls.

"Mom these are so matching, we really look like the powerpuff girls." Heather commented.

"Well, go try it on." Her mom said as the girls took the dresses and headed to the changing room. When the girls came out of the changing room, Heather's mom couldn't stop looking at the girls.

"Wow Mrs Berserker, this is so pretty, the length of the dress is perfect, like how I pictured my prom dress since young." Astrid commented, gazing herself in the mirror.

"Glad you liked it dear, by the way, call me Helen." Heather's mom said. "Is there anything else you need from here?" She continued.

"No thanks Helen, we're good, just gotta buy some accessories now." Ruffnut said.

"I'll get a new set of those dresses for you three girls." Helen said as she went to the storeroom. After paying for the dresses, the three girls left.

"See you later mom." Heather said as she waved goodbye to her mom.

"Thank you Helen!" Ruffnut and Astrid said.

"No problem girls." Helen replied, waving at them.

Boys pov

"Woah, we look so handsome." Tuffnut said as he stared in the mirror in his tuxedo. The boys were at a tuxedo shop, trying on their outfits for prom.

"So Snotlout, you sure you wanna ask my sister." Tuffnut said.

"Yeah, since well, Nichole is gonna ask you." Snotlout said.

"What, how did you know." Tuffnut said.

"She told me over text yesterday. Besides, she's crazy over you." Snotlout said.

"Well, I guess I don't mind going to prom with her, I just hope that she doesn't pester me on graduation day." Tuffnut said, already knowing whatever he said is not true.

"Alright boys, would you like a normal tie or a bow tie to go along with your suits?" The sales person asked.

"I'll get a normal tie while the rest a bow tie." Hiccup told the sales person and she went to get three bow ties and a normal tie.

"Is that all gentleman?" She asked.

"Yep, thank you." Tuffnut said as he paid for the outfits.

"Have a nice day!" The sales person said as the boys left the shop.

"What should we do now." Hiccup said. "We're like practically done." He continued.

"There's an arcade here, let's go there." Snotlout replied and the boys proceeded to the arcade.

Girls pov

"What kind of accessories should we get to match our outfits?" Heather asked.

"I still have that charm bracelet Hiccup gave me for my birthday when we were at Out-Cast village. I'm just gonna buy a necklace from here." Astrid said.

"Oh, this would look nice on you Ruff." Astrid said as she picked up a necklace with her initial.

"There's a letter 'H' and 'A' there too." Heather said as she picked out the necklace with her initial and Astrid with her's. The three girls then went to the cashier to pay and left Lovisa (Jewellery shop).

"Well, I think we're done, what should we do now?" Heather asked

"We should call the boys to see what they're doing." Astrid said as she took out her phone and called Hiccup.

"Huh, weird, he's not picking up." Astrid said.

"I'll call Fishlegs." Heather said as she called Fishlegs.

"Weird, he's not picking up either." She said.

"I'll call Tuff." Ruffnut said as she called her brother, but he did not pick up either.

"Maybe Snotlout would pick up." Ruffnut said as she called Snotlout but there still wasn't an answer.

"What are these boys even doing, none of them are picking up." Ruffnut sighed.

"Wait, I downloaded a location app on Hiccup's phone so I could track his location." Astrid said as she opened the location app on her phone.

"Arcade, let's go." She said as the girls went to the arcade.

Normal pov

"Hahahaha, we won so many prizes guys." Tuffnut said holding all his prizes.

"Well, its almost 4.45pm, let's see where the girls are." Snotlout said.

"Actually, we don't have to look for them, their just arrived." Fishlegs said pointing at the girls who were slowly walking towards them.

"Woah, you guys sure had fun here, how long have you guys been in here?" Astrid asked.

"We were here since 4." Hiccup said. "You guys want Starbucks?" He asked and everyone agreed. After getting Starbucks, everyone went home, excited for prom on Friday.