'I honestly don't know.' I sigh and grab another file, before handing it to him. 

There were times when Leon would come to my room late at night, when he got back from Monica, he needed to talk to someone about how bad he felt. He didn't want to use her like that.

So I convinced him to give it a try. Give Monica Santos a try. He needed to continue because Rio was certainly not going to let him stop. He didn't have a choice. 

And he did. He gave it a try. They went on a date. They had fun. I even think they fell in love at some point. 

But Monica fell deeper. She wanted more. She always wanted more. 

She fell in ways that he never could. Because deep down, deep inside his soul, he always had Neveah in the back of his head. 

And everyone knew he was never going to love her back. At least not the way she needed him to. But she didn't care. 

Luca did. He didn't want his mother to suffer. Even though she didn't really suffer. Leon gave her attention, he talked to her about a future, he told her he loved her even if it was all a lie. He hated himself for lying to her, so he started to convince himself that he did. That he did love her the way she needed him to. 

But he never actually did. Not like he loves Neveah. 

'They were happy though, right?' He asks, grabbing another file himself. 'I think they were. At some point.' I say honestly. 

I do believe they made each other happy at some point, but I don't think it lasted. Because it wasn't sincere. 

'Let's just keep it all in the past. We have other things to focus on.' I exclaim, grabbing my pen again. I mark all the things on here that seem suspicious and quickly go through all the others. 

Kai stares at me but also goes through a bunch of files, and before I know it the pile is gone. We've gone through at least forty files before lunch and I don't think I've ever done anything that quick. 

'We should take a break.' He groans, throwing the last one back on the pile. 'We're done. But I agree. Want to grab something to eat?' 'I would love to.' He jumps up from his chair and waits for me to do the same. 

'I'll just go by to check on the girls before we go, maybe they would like to come with us.' He nods and heads to the door, probably rushing to our room to change. 

Yes, our room. There are enough rooms for everyone, but he insisted on sleeping in mine. And I honestly don't mind anymore. 

I head to the girls, who are probably studying in Cataleya's room. 

I knock on the door and wait for one of them to open the door, but all I hear are screams. 'You just need to go through the pages and-' 'It's too much!' 

I slowly open the door and peek inside, looking at the girls who are standing on opposite sides of the room. 'You should've started earlier!' 

'I know, but- Oh hey Celine!' Neveah smiles at me and turns back to Cataleya, 'I just didn't want to!' 

'And now you're regretting it, aren't you?' I ask, slowly walking closer to them. She nods and jumps on the bed, not caring about all the books on top of it. 

'That's why I told you to keep up with the schedule you made.' Leya sighs and also jumps on the bed, next to Neveah. 'I was busy!' 

Leya rolls her eyes and I can't stop smirking. 'Busy fucking Leon of course.' 

Neveah's cheeks turn red and she rolls to the side, so she can look at me. 'You're supposed to be on my side.' 

'No, she's not!' Leya shouts, turning to me as well. 'Tell her that she should've started before, just like I told her to.'