"No," Tanya replied, "I'm just surprised is all."

"I did want him to take it easy... But I also know that if I were in his position I'd need something to do."

"Now I'm convinced," Tanya laughed.

"Convinced about what?" Luna asked.

"I'm convinced you two were separated at birth and he's definitely your kid. He's like a reincarnation of ya!"

"Funny," Luna replied as she rolled her eyes with a wry smile.

"I though it was," Tanya replied.

"So how are they doing?"

"Their doing pretty well, though Kiba and hunter are a little sluggish. I'm sure they'll work through it before long."

Luna nodded as she watched silently. "So, did that witch give you anything on Silvia."

"I left the interrogation up to Malcolm. I wanted to be back here with the kids."

Tanya nodded understandingly, "What else happened while you were gone?" Luna offered her friend a perplexed expression before Tanya nodded to the badge that adorned Luna's belt.

"Oh..." Luna muttered as comprehension dawned in her eyes. "I'll tell you about it later. To be honest, I don't have all the details myself." Tanya looked as though she wanted to say something but kept it to herself.

Just as you had finished a handoff to Annika, Kara and Felicia came out onto the court.

"Great jobs guys," Felicia congratulated, "I've been into sports my whole life, and I've never seen moves like that... well, ever!"

"Our resident human here has been helping us break the mold," Hunter grinned as he grabbed you in a playful headlock.

"The strategies you're using are certainly unorthodox," Kara admitted.

Felicia then nodded with a toothy grin, "Anyway, that's enough for today. Time for you guys to go home and get some rest."

"Say's who?" Hunter demanded.

"Says your team physicians," Tanya called out from the stands. You glared her, "As part of our, 'agreement,' you have to do what they say when they say."

"This wasn't part of the deal," You shouted back.

"Well then I guess you want to forfeit the tournament then?"

"That's not fair!" You shouted back without thinking.

"I wasn't trying to be," Tanya replied with a smug smirk.

Felicia cleared her throat to grab your attention. Each twin stood before you with her arms crossed and an expectant expression adorning her muzzle.

"Well?" Felicia asked.

You looked at your two teammates, who again were silently pleading for you to just accept the terms you'd been dealt. You groaned loudly before throwing your hands up, "Fine, alright. We're done for the day."

Luna stifled a laugh as she watched you leave the court, "Maybe he is more like me than I thought."

Tanya smiled at the remark, "You have no idea."

After changing back into your regular clothes, you went home with Tanya, Luna, Hunter and Annika. The drive back was anything but quiet as you discussed strategy with your teammates. The three of you talked about where you thought you could have done better and what your best plays were versus your worst. You became so enthralled by the conversation that you almost missed the fact that you'd made it back to the house. The three of you got out still carrying on with your conversation until you reached the front door. You finally laid the conversation to rest and decided that before anything else, you needed a shower. After you shower, you toweled off and opened the door to find Luna standing in the doorway. She seemed, uneasy. Clearly something was on her mind.

"Kiba... we need to talk," She stated plainly. Not knowing what else to say, you followed her back to your bedroom. She waited for you to enter before following you in and closing the door behind herself. She scratched her chin a couple of times as if she were unsure of what to say.

"What's this all about?" You asked.

"What's this about..." Luna muttered to herself as she ran a hand through her hair, "I guess it's about you.... And me. About how we view each other and a few other things."

"Okay?" You replied skeptically.

"I really hadn't given it much though until recently," Luna started, "But this recent ambush against you has really put things into perspective."

You tilted your head in confusion, "What do you mean."

Luna sighed, "After I saw that woman threatening you, I... became very...."

"Violent?" You offered as you watched her struggle for words.

"I was going to say aggressive," She retorted.

"Okay, so?" You prompted.

"Back when I was a police captain I'd been known to be heavy handed when dealing with stone cold criminals. I have a thing about people hurting other people deliberately. I tend to pay.... Let's say 'special' attention to people like that."

"Okay?" you shrugged, still not quite understanding where this was going."

"So when I went after that lioness around today..."

"You didn't do it because you enjoyed it, you did it because she deserved it. Is that what you were getting at?"

Luna shook her head, "No. Well, not entirely. Kiba, what I did in the locker room today was solely because she threatened you. But that was a tip of the iceberg compared to what I did after that."

You suddenly became aware of the turn that this conversation had taken, "What did you do to her? Did you kill-"

"No," Luna quickly answered, "But I almost did. I came very close as a matter of fact."

"Why would you do that?" You asked emphatically.

"Because she threatened you. And you are as precious to me as an only child to a single parent."

"Y-You see me as your son... don't you?" You asked.

Luna nodded, "I do." The wolf then found herself nervous as she drew breath for her next statement, "And whether you realize it or not, I believe you see me the same way."

You remained quiet as you collected your thoughts. After all, it wasn't every day that you were unwittingly adopted by an anthro she wolf. That said, after recalling several instances in your mind when Luna was there fore you and remembering a couple of instances where you had mistakenly called her 'mom' (Both mentally and aloud) You found yourself resigning to her earlier statement. You really did see her as your mother, whether or not it was intentional. It was at this point you realized that you had left Luna waiting for an answer. A quiet laugh escaped your lips as you nodded, all the while, Luna looked on in confusion, "You're right. I may not have known so outright... but I do see you as my mother. The truth is, you're the closest thing I've ever had to one."

Luna nodded, "I guess I wanted to bring it up to put some concerns to rest on my end. And, also in part because I want you to understand my reasoning for some of the things I do. I realize that I may seem overprotective sometimes..."

"Well," You shrugged, "In light of what we just discussed, I'd say that it's pretty evident as to why."

"Heh," Luna nodded, "I guess so. Anyway, you should go get some rest, I've got to go meet with Malcolm and Sally."

"Well, alright then," You then started toward your bedroom when Luna called for you. You turned around and found yourself surrounded in grey fur and fabric. You didn't say anything, but instead returned the hug. Or at the very least, you attempted to do so. After a couple of minutes, Luna released you before ruffling your hair affectionately and heading downstairs.

Your Life In an Anthro's Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें