"But, Father-"

"Am I clear?"

Seth gritted his teeth and looked away, eyes glowing heatedly. "Yes sir," He seethed.

Sweeping his gaze over the assembled wolves, Jay asked again, "Am I clear?"

"Yes Alpha!" We answered. Jay nodded in approval. "That is all, meeting dismissed," He said loudly as he pulled himself out of his chair. I stood from my chair and moved to follow my mate out of the meeting room, but a loud distressed cry echoed through the halls. "Alpha! A vampire has breached the borders!" A tall, brown haired man cried as he burst through the meeting hall door. Jay bolted over to the man, who was panting heavily. "Emmett! What happened?" He demanded as Emmett slowly caught his breath.

"I was on patrol and we scented a vampire. He passed over the border and was heading towards the pack house, I ran here as fast as I could!" He exclaimed, his stormy blue eyes flashing wildly. Jay's jaw clenched and he whipped around towards the wolves who had now jumped to their feet. "Liem! Jasper! Robyn! Orion! Casey! David! Seth! Follow me! The rest of you to your posts! Protect the nursery first!" He called before bolting out of the room, throwing of his shirt as he prepared himself to shift. Two men who stood by the front doors at the end of the corridor hurriedly yanked them open, just in time for Jay to shift and throw himself out of the door, landing lightly on all fours before bolting into the forest.

Several people raced after him all shifting as they bolted out of the pack house. I stood dumbfounded as people raced past me. Not rogues. Vampires. Breached. Xavier. Xavier! XAVIER! I screamed in my head. My breathing grew ragged and I crumpled to the ground, clutching my chest tightly as I fought for air that refused to enter my lungs. I felt arms wrap around the small of my back and pull me into their comforting embrace. My head snapped upwards into the concerned and fearful eyes of my mate. "Sasha are you okay? Who's Xavier?" She murmured softly. I took a wavering breath and tried calmed my frantic heart.

Somewhere in the manor, Scarlett was screaming.

"No," I whispered as I jumped to my feet, bolting out of the room back through the winding hallways to our room. The door was wide open and a large sandy blonde wolf lay in a crumpled heap beside our bed. I dropped to my knees beside the wolf, It was breathing slightly, but its heart beat was faint. They took her. The wolf murmured softly in mind-link. "Chris! Who did this to you?" I demanded, I heard my mate gasp softly behind me, but I didn't tear my gaze away from Chris. He opened one of his arctic blue eyes slightly. They took Scarlett. Don't worry about me. Just get Scarlett. He whispered in a raspy voice.

Hetookherhetookherhetookher!

"They have her," I whispered as I lay Chris gently back on the floor. The world burned as tears threatened to spill. A vicious growl rose up from the bottom of my throat as my only option solidified. I stood, feeling my body thrum as my wolf awoke.

I placed a kiss on Audreys forehead. "Stay here."

Anger lit up in her eyes, she wasn't going to be left behind. "Please. I can't have both of you in danger."

"But I can?"

I choked down a sigh and kissed her hard. "I can't be a coward anymore. I have to do this." She flashed her teeth. There was fight in her eyes, the promise of bloodshed. But, "Fine. Just go. And don't you even think about getting hurt."

I growled in white-hot anger as I turned back to the window. More fur began to grow along my body as I ripped off my clothes and threw myself out of the window and into the woods beyond. I shifted in mid-air, landing smoothly on all fours before bounding into the green. Just wait for me Scarlett! I'm coming for you!