19. September 12th

Start from the beginning

"Chemistry doesn't mean synergy though," False mentioned, recalling how her Yellow Yaks did at the 8th Championship.

Fruit shrugged. "True. But I like to think we have both."

"Pete's team is also looking pretty good," H mentioned. "Not to mention Techno and Calvin on Aqua. And Green Guardians as well. I— you know, I kinda understand why they put us as 6th. The teams are really good this time."

"I checked and a couple of them actually put us at 3rd or 2nd," False offered. "They're saying this Championship is gonna be unpredictable because there are a lot of good teams."

"Let's go! We've got to exceed their expectations!" Ren cried out.

"I bet Stan wants Lime to win," False stated darkly. "Or maybe Green. But whatever. We've got Herman Blur and Cherry Twitt on our side. Stan Twitt, we're coming for ya!" She exclaimed.

"Sooo, you guys ready to kick some booty?" H asked.

False glanced at H, and gulped nervously. "Uhh, maybe? I think so—"

H snorted and wagged a finger in front of False's face. "No no no, not you think, you know."

False laughed. "Give me ten minutes and I'll be ready. That's all I need."

"Well, I mean you'll be ready in ten minutes, but you'll be ready ten minutes earlier than that."

False raised her hands in surrender. "Okay, fineee, I'm ready now then."

H patted her shoulder with a proud grin. "Attagirl."

"Well, hopefully we won't be there." False gestured at the leaderboard, which was currently displaying teams according to colour order, and Blue Bats was in eighth place. "Hopefully we'll be at least fourth, but that's a lot of pressure. Buuut... we'll see how it goes!"

"Just do the best that you can, and we'll do the best that we can," Fruit replied.

"Yeahh, that's how we roll," Ren chimed in.

"Can you believe in two and a half hours, we'll be competing in Dodgebolt?" H confidently said.

Fruit raised his eyebrows. "Wowwww."

"I can't either," H chuckled.

False giggled nervously. "No pressure."

"There's zero pressure, let's go! We win these!"

False nudged H. "I love how you think that saying no pressure means that there's no pressure. I love that, it's great."

"Yeah, you just gotta talk things into existence!"

The Bats continued to flex on top of the stairs, with False thinking if other participants also had letters on their backs, they could spell out different words. Pearl, with the OF Optifine cape on her back, came forward and started to play around with the Bats.

"We're BOFTS," False said, amused. "Dunno what that means."

"Pearl, get outta here!" H boomed.

Ren sighed melodramatically. "That PearlescentMoon, gotta tell you, what a troublemaker."

"We practiced together on the parkour course!" Pearl insisted. "Don't be so mean!"

They also attracted the attention of Martyn, who stood in False's spot, once again trying to disrupt the BATS. Martyn and Ren eagerly chatted— apparently they had a conversation going on when they met each other during practice. Soon Martyn returned to his team, but not without screaming "DON'T BE A DOG, BE A GOD!" to Ren.