Bonus side story: Inspiration of an inventor girl

Author note: Unlike the previous bonus, this is actually canon to the IM: MHA universe

"Now for a news story from Japan, a training facility known as the USJ, owned by the hero school UA, was attacked earlier today by a group called the League of Villains. Students from the Hero Course, Class 1-A was supposed to be doing rescue training with Pro Heroes, All Might, Eraser Head, and Thirteen, however on the way to class, All Might stopped other crimes, making him run late for the class. On an interesting note, Class 1-A is now said to include the famous former vigilante Iron Man, who gained mass popularity around the world. He had even gained support from Ingenium and his fans, and this popularity has propelled him to become an official student of UA. The students were forced to fight for their lives, and thanks in part to the student's bravery, including that of Iron Man, and the Pro Heroes experience and skill, these pros include All Might, Eraser Head, Thirteen, Snipe, and more, drove back the villains. No student was too badly injured beyond the healing capabilities of the school nurse, Recovery Girl. Erasure Head and Thirteen are also going to recover and All Might, luckily is safe." A news reporter said on the tv Melissa and David Shield were watching.

"Uncle Might is ok. Still... just imagine... Uncle Might fighting alongside Iron Man." Melissa said in awe. David chuckled.

"You really do admire that guy, don't you?" David asked. Melissa smiled.

"I'm happy with the life I'm living... training to become a scientist and all. But sometimes even I wonder if there was something I could have done to live out my original dream of being a hero. Now... I see an answer. People like me... like him... quirkless... we can be heroes. It's hard NOT to be inspired by him... what he stands for." Melissa replied. David chuckled. He felt the same way when he thought of a different hero. He felt inspired to be better, whenever he thought of his best friend, Toshinori Yagi... the number 1 hero All Might.

David remembered that the UA Sports Festival was coming around soon. He hadn't watched it in years... but with All Might being a teacher at the school... and Iron Man being a student.

"You know... I could call our cable company and ask them to hook us up with some Japanese tv channels." David suggested. Melissa looked at her dad in confusion.

"Why do we need Japanese tv channels?" Melissa asked. David smiled.

"How would you like to watch the UA Sports Festival with me this year? With your Uncle Might as a teacher and Iron Man being one of the students, it should make for an interesting watch." David replied. Melissa smiled.

"Knowing us, we'll be working in our labs a lot... you'd better make sure we have some space on the DVR, because this is not a festival I think either of us wants to miss." Melissa said.

David nodded in agreement then went back to drawing some schematics for a project. Melissa smiled as she started thinking of some designs of her own.... of weapons she would probably incorporate into Iron Man's armor, if she had designed it. She went to her room and looked at a picture from a newspaper she had on her desk... it was a picture of Iron Man when he saved some little girl's balloon from floating away.

"It's a well designed look.... but I think, if I were to design it, like how Dad made All Might's costume... I think I'd design the look of the armor to be more like..." Melissa started to say to herself as she started to draw designs for an Iron Man armor that she hoped she could one day build for the armored hero. She then had another lightbulb go off in her head.

"As I design this, I should also design a weapon that should be compatible with the Iron Man armor... too bad the schematics on the armor would be impossible to get but... I'm sure I could figure out how to make the weapon compatible.... I think I'll call the weapon... the Proton Cannon." Melissa said as she continued to draw her take on the armor. At the same time, she imagined how the Proton Cannon would work.

She hoped that, one day, she could meet Iron Man and gift him with the Proton Cannon. She hoped that she could help him save people, like how her dad used to help All Might in the days of old.

End of Bonus story.