Character trailer: Takumi Sakai/Iron Man

"My name is Takumi Sakai, and one day I'll be a great hero!" That's what I used to tell people all the time when I was a little kid. That was before I learned....

"I'm sorry Mrs. Sakai, your son is quirkless. His dreams of becoming a hero... it's impossible." The doctor had said.

That's when everything changed.
"Isn't that the quirkless loser who wanted to become a hero?" A bully asked as they pushed Takumi in the hallway.

"Oh right. He always said he'd be a great hero. What a joke!" Another bully replied as he pushed Takumi into another wall. Finally Takumi got tired of it and punched one of the bullies in the face and pressed a button on his wristband before the other one tried to jump in. The 2nd bullies punch was blocked by a shield that had appeared from the wristband before Takumi kicked the guy in the place where no man should be kicked.

"Quirks are wasted on idiots like you." Takumi told them before he walked away.

I was always the smartest one in the room... but in this society, smarts isn't as valued in becoming a hero as strength is.

I wish I could say I had someone believe I could reach my dream... but no matter if it was my mom, my martial arts teacher, my friends, and even the Pro Hero Endeavor, who is a crappy person by the way... all doubted my dream.

"Is that your dream? Pathetic. Only those with the strongest of quirks can become heroes. If you want to try to become a hero as you are, you should give up, because a quirkless will NEVER become a hero." Endeavor yelled out as he returned to laughing at Takumi.

Then my life changed all over again after I met a dead guy...
"I am a Pro Hero from another world... and long story short, I need to train someone from this world to become a hero before I can pass on... I can teach you to become a hero even without a quirk, I can teach you to become Iron Man." The spirit of Tony Stark told Takumi.

He started to teach me... that I could still be a hero... that I could still save people...
Takumi hammered some metal as Tony's spirit watched on. Tony was amazed with how quickly Takumi picked up the concept of arc reactor technology, although similarly to Rhodey, Takumi didn't need the arc reactor to keep him alive, making it to where he'd have more energy in his suit.

Soon, Tony started directing Takumi in how to properly use the Iron Man armor he had built.

I had a mentor who believed in me... and wanted me to soar... and believe me when I said that I soared...

"This just in, a train is falling off the rails... it will smash into the floor and there are no Pro Heroes to be found at the scene just yet!" A reporter announced before Iron Man flew into the scene and lifted the train, pushing it back to where it was supposed to be.

"Hey news people, make sure to get my good side." Iron Man quipped before he flew away.

And my classmates were pretty interested in it.
"Hey, Takumi! Have you heard about the Iron Man?! I'm so jealous I didn't think of armor like that first. I wonder if Iron Man would let me add some of my babies in his armor, do you think he would?" Mei Hatsume, Takumi's classmate and friend asked excitedly.

"I don't know. Maybe if you ever meet him, you can ask Iron Man one day." Takumi suggested.

"Hey, Takumi... do you think that maybe Iron Man controls his suit with some kind of quirk? That is a lot of metal to have on someone." Izuku asked as he wrote down notes on Iron Man during lunch.

"I don't know. Wouldn't you have to have some kind of magnetism quirk for that to work?" Takumi asked. Izuku wrote that down quickly as a possibility to how Iron Man came to be, much to Takumi's amusement... although Izuku started muttering to himself.

"He's doing it again." Uraraka said.

And so were the Pro Heroes
"I have no idea what to make of this Iron Man, but I can't deny that he has saved many lives." All Might told the press concerning Iron Man.

"Iron Man is a vigilante. If he ever chooses to cross my path, I will burn him down to ashes and melt his metallic exterior to where there is nothing left of him!" Endeavor said in his own interview with the press.

"You got to admire the mystery behind the new guy. I wonder if he looks like under that armor? The suspense can make a girl feel all... well you know..." Midnight told reporters as they all blushed.

And I started to fight some pretty nasty villains.
Iron Man dodged an ice blast from a villain with an ice quirk known as Blizzard before he launched a smart bomb at the villain.

Another villain known as Firebrand started to burn down buildings, challenging Endeavor to a fight but Iron Man flew into the fight instead.
"It's time to extinguish these flames, Firebrand!" Iron Man declared.

Whiplash was targeting the principal of UA when Iron Man arrived and stopped the villain from assassinating Principal Nezu.

But this is what I signed up for... I want to be a hero... I want to show the world that being quirkless doesn't make me useless...

Back in Black plays in Takumi's personal workshop at home as the radio was turned on by Ghost Tony as he and Takumi worked on upgrading the Iron Man armor.
"You're going to get me into American rock, you know that right, Mr. Stark?" I told Ghost Tony, who smiled.

"That's the plan... no self respecting Iron Man would omit AC/DC from their butt kicking playlist." Ghost Tony replied.

UA support student by day... armored vigilante by night... you know who I am...

 you know who I am

I am Iron Man!