Episode 3: To defend a Symbol

It was the day after Iron Man debuted himself in Musutafu, and it seemed everyone was talking about him in the halls at UA before classes started.

"I was nearby the area where the train fell off the tracks. I was trying to think of a manly way to use my quirk and save the day when that Iron Man dude came in and put the train back where it belonged. It was so manly." Eijiro Kirishima told his Class 1-A classmates.

"Uraraka, Iida, and I saw him take down Firebrand and save a baby. I wonder if his quirk has anything to do with the energy that comes out of his armor." Izuku Midoriya added

"This Iron Man is a vigilante, and despite his heroism, what he's doing is illegal. As much as I would love to see him continue on, I cannot condone it with the situation being as it is now." Tenya Iida added.

"Perhaps something stopped him from being able to become a hero. He could have a sickness that the armor heals, or maybe he's quirkless... which makes what he does all the more dangerous." Fumikage Tokoyami suggested. Suddenly Midoriya felt a sudden sorrow... If Iron Man had been someone like him... a quirkless man who wanted to become a hero so badly... was vigilantism the only place one could turn to if they didn't have someone like All Might in their corner?

"Takumi! Did you see the news? Have you heard about the Iron Man?! I'm so jealous I didn't think of armor like that first. I wonder if Iron Man would let me add some of my babies in his armor, do you think he would?" Mei Hatsume, Takumi's classmate and friend asked excitedly.

"Yeah I saw the news and I heard of Iron Man from that. And I don't know. Maybe if you ever meet him, you can ask Iron Man one day." Takumi suggested.

'Well, sounds like everyone is talking about you, kid.' Spirit Tony told Takumi.

'It was only my first day... how am I already this famous as Iron Man?' Takumi thought in surprise.

'This is a kind of 15 minutes of fame type deal. Once you really prove yourself again and again... that's when the real conversations start to begin.' Spirit Tony replied.

Later:
Takumi was working on his sense scrambler gun as he heard people talking about Iron Man across the internet. Takumi was amazed at the genuine excitement his debut made throughout the city and even some Pro Heroes had started to comment on the first day of Iron Man's existence.

"Dude, the Iron Man armor totally craps on that bulky mess Quirkless built during the last assignment." Daisuke commented, trying to piss off Takumi. Takumi shrugged.

"His armor is meant to give him a edge in battle clearly, while mine is a more defensive armor type, and besides, I'm working on streamlining it." Takumi replied, trying not to smirk about the fact that the first armor was basically the first Iron Man armor... a prototype Iron Man armor in a way, as many of the same systems that had worked in the first armor was in the current Iron Man armor. Daisuke rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, Quirkless. The point is that the Iron Man armor is way better than yours." Daisuke said. Takumi nodded in agreement, surprising Daisuke, as he thought Takumi would be far more defensive than he ended up being.

"Daisuke, don't you have an assignment to do. You should stop wasting all your time trying to be a bully to Sakai." A female student told Daisuke.

"Hana, you can't be serious?! Letting a quirkless waste of space know what his place is... that isn't a waste of time." Daisuke replied.

"Daisuke... just get back to work before I kick you out of the lab." Power Loader told Daisuke in annoyance. Daisuke glared at Takumi.

'I don't care if he's the first quirkless student in the history of this school, a quirkless person doesn't belong at UA.' Daisuke thought.