Chapter Seven: I Never Liked You Anyway.

Magsimula sa umpisa

Can't believe it either. Of course! Pick me up at the apartment?

In a matter of seconds, his reply comes on and I almost choke with my still unswallowed food.

Impossible. Can you make it to Pinewood?

I consider, for a split second, coming up with an excuse not to go there but god knows when I'm going to be able to see my dad again after he leaves, so I text him back:

Sure. See you in a few hours.

"Good morning, Clem!" Says Ally with a giggling voice and this stupid grin that hasn't left her face in a week. She is only wearing a pink bathrobe and her dampened hair is hanging loose and dripping all over her shoulders.

She and Chris have been leaving inside some sort of a bubble since they met and he's been staying over almost every single night for the past seven days.

"Do you realize that he has been pretty much living here? Don't get me wrong, I rather enjoy his frequent display of nakedness, but... Doesn't he have a plant to water or a cat to feed, or something?" I ask while taking a few sips of my very much needed caffeine juice.

"As a matter of fact, he doesn't. Plus, he's been staying with a friend who has been in a very bad mood for the last couple of days so he prefers to be here, where he's really well taken care of... If you know what I mean... " She answers with an arched eyebrow. I laugh.

"Trust me, I know. I have been listening to how well he's being taken care of."

I really need thicker walls.

But I can tell that there's something more than that. For the last three days or so, Ally and Chris's relationship, or whatever you want to call it, has been escalating rather quickly and now I can see this whole couple dynamic between them that I am worried is destined to end in a very dramatic way. Chris is in London for the exact same reason my dad is and, even if I have not heard him talking about leaving, I'm pretty sure it's bound to happen one of these days.

"Ally, do you have any idea of what it is you're doing?"

She looks at me with this puzzled expression on her face, as if she doesn't understand where I'm going with my question, but she quickly catches on and I can see a strange cloud crossing through her eyes.

"What do you mean?" She says while she opens up the fridge and hides her face inside, taking her time to grab whatever it is she's looking for.

"You know what I mean... When does he go back to L.A.?"

"We haven't talked about that just yet. In fact, we are going to Cornwall today. I have some vacations days and we are going to spend the week at my parent's beach house."

She closes the fridge door with her ass and she's carrying different containers in her hands. She begins to make some sandwiches that I guess, are for the road trip, but she completely avoids eye contact.

"That sounds nice..." I respond and I decide to leave the subject to rest, at least for now. Besides, it will be great to have the apartment all to myself for an entire week.

Chris comes back into the kitchen, fully dressed this time and he hugs Ally from behind. She does a really cute squeaky sound and turns around to kiss him. At first, it's an innocent kiss but then it starts to get deeper and noisy.

List of things to get done: Sound proof the walls, or maybe going deaf altogether.

"So, Chris!!" I shout. "Ally says you have a very moody friend. What's his deal?" I ask. I don't really care about that but it seemed like a good way to get those two to separate and focus on something other than their respective tongues on each other's throats.