Little Bird.

But if I kiss you, will your mouth read this truth? Darling, how I miss you!

********

I can feel my soul falling to my feet; crushing on the ground beneath them and bursting into flames. The look on her face, the tears streaming down her blushed cheeks, were the saddest things I have ever seen. I saw her heart breaking right in front of me and I was the one doing such despicable feat.

I stand here in the sidewalk, unable to move but fully aware that I need to run and catch her; make her listen to me and explain my stupid self to her.

How in the bloody hell did I let this happen? One minute I am confident that Charlotte finally understood my decision and we are saying goodbye, and the next she is pulling me into that dreadful kiss.

As our lips touched and lingered, there I was thinking that it was only meant to be an innocent kiss goodbye. But then, when I saw Clementine standing there and watching us with a horrified expression, her intentions became crystal clear to my eyes.

I can still see her walking down the street and I know she's doing her best not to run. Every step she takes without looking back carves a gaping wound in my chest and my spine shivers with a deadly coldness. The last I see of her is her long, brown hair blowing in the wind as she turns around the corner.

"Too much drama, if you ask me" Her voice startles me, and I slightly turn my head to see Charlotte standing next to me. I don't look at her and I do my best to not even acknowledge her presence, hoping that she might decide to leave. "We were so much easier, Tommy boy"

I cringe at her words as if they were nails against a chalkboard making it impossible for me to ignore her any longer.

"You need to go, Charlotte" I breathe out with frustration. She has to walk away from me right now because I can't be held responsible for what I might do. Even the way she's standing next to me, with that obnoxious smirk on her face, makes me crawl under my own skin. "Now"

"Come on! I'm sorry, Tom. I didn't mean to cause you any problems. You know that, right?" The tone of concern she is putting on her voice doesn't translate in her eyes. I know her too well to now that this is just a game for her. And I can't believe I allowed her to turn me into one of her bloody puppets.

I don't respond to her question and I simply decide not to speak to her again, so I just pull my phone out of my pocket and I quickly search for Clementine's number on it. The call goes straight to voicemail and I hung up. I know better than to leave her a message. She will erase it without even listening to it and I am just wasting precious time as I stand here.

Without a single glare in her way, I leave Charlotte behind and I start following the direction I just saw Clementine take. When I get to the corner I can't see her anywhere and she is not answering my calls. I hear my name being called upon from behind me but I ignore it blatantly and I jump into the first taxi I see available, practically screaming Clementine's address to the driver.

On the corner of my eye I see the woman who just turned my life upside down waving her arms and yelling something I can't hear. All I can think about is what a major twit I was for falling straight into the devious trap she set me up for.

I made a mistake and I am about to pay the highest of prices because of it.

Once I am on my way to Clementine's flat I decide to give up on calling her and that's when I notice I have a text message from her. My heart threatens to leap out of my chest when I see it, fearing what I might find when I open it.

The text is from before all of this went down and she was telling me she wanted us to talk and that she was coming to meet me. I try to think if there was a possibility that Charlotte might have seen this without me knowing, and I cover my face with my free hand when I realize that there was.

Right before I was about to send her off after what I thought was a sincere and open conversation about things being truly over, she told me there were a few things she had left in the house that she needed back, and I gladly went to get them, leaving my phone right where she could see it. I never told her about Clementine specifically but I did say there was someone else and I bet that as soon as she saw her name, she knew exactly who she was.

... I want to talk.

As I read her text message over and over again, I keep seeing her face in my head. Her big, green eyes dripping with rage and heartache; her trembling lips, perfectly plumped and pink spitting out words tinted with contempt. She looked - although sad and defeated- as beautiful as always and as deadly as I've never seen her before.

We have been walking down the thinnest of lines for the last couple of days, and I knew that the only reason why she accepted my presence around her was because she didn't have it in her to fight over us after what happened with Rose. But I stayed within her reach just enough for her to know that I was there, just in case.

Because I was sure that she would want to talk about us eventually and because I love her with all there is in me to simply walk away from her. Like I told her once, I am willing to be whatever she needs me to. Whether she needed me close by to scream at for no apparent reason, or to ask me to hold her and tell her she was going to be fine, there was no other place I rather or needed to be.

But now, that line has just snapped under our feet and we are barely hanging from a weakened thread.

I can feel our relationship slipping through my fingers and if I don't clasp on it hard enough I'll end up losing her completely. And I know for a fact that I can't afford that. But I also know that if I squeeze just a little bit harder than necessary, I might break our bond beyond repair like the fragile little mice it now is.

A/N:

So, finally I decided to use Tom's voice. I have been thinking about this for a while now but I wasn't comfortable with it before because we all know that Tom Hiddleston is a very much real man with real thoughts and emotions. But at this point in the story, I no longer think about him as the real Tom but more like Clementine's Tom... I don't know if you know what I mean...

Plus, from this moment on, we will need his voice and points of view to carry the story along.

I hope you enjoyed this little treat I had for you and please, let me know what you think about it.

Read, vote and comment!  And listen to the song which is wicked good and somewhat romantic once you manage to decode what's in that ginger little head of Ed!

I love you to hell and back.

P.S: All of the chapters written in Tom's POV won't be treated as chapters, though. The will be like side notes, if you like. Short and sporadic and named after a song (Most likely Ed Sheeran because I am obsessed with him right now)

P.S2: The actual chapter will be up in two days or so! I swear.