Chapter Fifteen: Put a pin on it.

... And don't forget to give my love to Rose.

*****

"What are you doing?" I ask when he breaks our kiss. My head is spinning around as if I had been drinking nothing but vodka for the past two hours. Considering that I am depressingly sober right now, I have to attribute these feelings solely to his lips. "Why are you kissing me when we're in the middle of an argument? That's not cool!" I say in what sounds fairly like a childish whimper.

"You really have no idea what you just said, don't you?" he asks tilting his head back and letting out that playful laugh of his, making his shoulders shake. I frown at him, although he can't see me and it literally takes me a few seconds to rewind and play back our conversation inside my head.

Oh, shit! Did I just...? This is not happening right now! I don't need this...

"What? I don't know what..., I think..." I begin to babble a string of nonsense words, trying desperately to explain my previous statement.

"Let's make a deal." Tom interrupts his giggling but he keeps a rather cheeky smirk all across his face. His hands are fully stretched and grabbing me by the shoulders, like he is putting some distance between us."If you want to take it back because you don't actually feel that way, go head. You will be granted a free pass to get your pretty ass out of this one without any consequences" he says and, even if his features are still contorted into a smile, I can definitely see in his eyes that he is not overly fond of that option, "However... If you do feel that way but you think you might have rushed into putting it out there, just leave it where it is and we'll put a pin on it until you're ready. I swear I won't even mention it before you do, ever!" he continues. It is adorable how his clear blue eyes are practically begging me to go with the second offer but his mouth is still mocking me and my lack of filter.

I weigh the two options presented before me and without breaking eye contact from him I fight off of his grasp, breaching the distance between us and I give him a quick kiss on the mouth.

"That is me putting a pin on it" I say when I notice the confusion on his face, "Now let's find me a way back into that room, shall we?" I walk right pass him, not giving him any time to reply or even react to my decision.

I still haven't forget about Rose's condition and I do feel like an idiot for the way I left her room, storming out and behaving like a total brat, but it is fair to say that my mood has taken a turn for the better. Just before I push the glass door open to get back inside, I take a swift peek over my shoulder to find a very smiley Tom walking towards me.

I look at the clock that's hanging above the admission desk and I read that it's almost noon. Now that my head is a little bit clearer and less clouded by the previous angst, I notice a chart that reads Visiting Hours right in front of my eyes. According to that chart, I should be able to visit Rose in two hours and I can get to stay there for at least six.

"Maybe you should eat something" Tom says when he follows my line of vision and reads the chart himself. I look up at him and I shrug as a ridiculous attempt to apologize for the scene I have caused earlier. If I had only kept my cool, I would have read this stupid sign on time and it would have saved us all the trouble. And my love confession along with it.

I agree with him about the eating part since my stomach decides to protest at this very exact moment by emitting the loudest most embarrassing sound I have ever heard.

"Delicious hospital food it is!" Tom says with a chanting voice as he passes his arm around my back and leads the way to the cafeteria. I roll my eyes in disgust but there is no way I am leaving the premises so this is the only culinary option I am willing to choose.