Chapter Twenty-Four: I Wish It Had Been A Dream.

A/N:

Ok, so... This couple of days have been pretty rough when it came to writing this chapter. I know where I'm going with the story and I have a clear vision of where I want the characters to go but I am having some trouble deciding on how I'll lead them there. Luckily I am sorting this out, word by word, and I can only hope I won't mess this up but you can feel free to let me know if I am doing so.

This chapter was meant to be a little bit longer but I decided to wrap it up sooner since I hate keeping you hanging for so long. I truly appreciate your support and I think I owe it to you to have this story updated as often as I can.

Since I am doing this Author's note I want to take this opportunity to thank you all again for the reads, votes and amazing comments! You have no idea how rewarding and inspiring they are! I love this story and the character too dead and I enjoy bringing them to life, but you guys are the ones making this experience even greater.

I want to dedicate this chapter (Hell! This entire story!) to all of you but specially to this people:

@Twiddles_ for making the cover which I know for a fact helped this story to be noticed by so much more people than the one I had before! (Really, it was horrible. LOL)

@wcugrad9 for being always the first to read and comment such warm, encouraging words! You are amazing!

And last, but definitely not least :

@atracyxo for making me laugh my ass off with her comments and spreading the word about Because You're Mine on Instagram! You are the sweetest, darling!

<3

Okay... *wipes the tears from her eyes, takes a deep breath* going back to the story:

From this point on, the plot thickens and things begin to get a little difficult for Tom and Clem and I must warn you that the feels might get a little intense. Sorry about that! ;)

Anyways... Without further ado:

"No problem..." Emma says with a patronizing pat on her brother's shoulder, "Just make sure to work on your aim next time"

With a stifled chuckle surging from her throat she walks out of the cabin, shutting the door closed behind her and leaving us alone. The room falls silent for a few seconds as I walk around the sofa and next to where Tom is standing, by the window.

I assess his expression for a few moments but I can't seem to put a tag to all of the emotions flaming in his eyes. He looks like he is a little irritated and somewhat relieved that our -well, mine- predicament has been finally sorted out, but he mostly seems haggard. He is leaning on the wall, staring blankly through the misted glass and he doesn't seem to notice me approaching him.

When his muscles tense under my touch as I hold him and press myself to his side, I confirm my suspicious.

"I know I can be a handful sometimes..." I say with my face half buried under his armpit, "I'm sorry"

This apology comes out of me considerably easier than the one from the other night. Mostly because my behavior wasn't so rough this time but also because I think that, even if I went too overboard with my reaction, I still believe I was right to freak out.

Yes, it sounds really stupid but that is how my brain works; the surer I am of having a point, the easier it is for me to say I'm sorry. I am a self-proclaimed neurotic bitch.

"I can't believe I had to drag my sister into this" he says while shifting his body to my side, forcing me to uncover my face and look straight at him. His tired eyes are looking down on me and the stealth coming out of them makes my heart race.