Sunburn.

... I will try to find another one who suited me as well as her.

*****

When I come back to my house from my early run and I open the bedroom door, a suffocated gasp comes rushing out of my lungs, leaving them with no air and unable to draw in another breath.

Time seems to go deadly still as I feel the hairs of my forearms bristling, and a rush of adrenaline is released from my brain and down my spine, sending so many signals to my body, that it ends up being completely annulled and motionless.

I never noticed the resemblance before but to be honest, I never really paid too much attention to her until last night when that little one-sided game she kept playing on me since we met, finally brought my will to its breaking point and I decided to reciprocate.

At first, when she kissed me and she began to run her fingers through my hair, tugging it a little too rough, my most prevailing feeling was of absolute distraught and maybe even a hint of apprehension.

She wasn't the one I wanted to be kissing or touching. She was not with whom I wanted to go back to that place where I used to see myself only visiting with her for the rest of my life.

But when I commanded myself to close my eyes and let go, my body was ready to go for the ride this girl was so eagerly offering me. After all, I was nothing but a man who had not been touched that way in weeks.

Now, as she lies there, sleeping soundly on her stomach, with the naked skin of her back fully exposed before my eyes and her long, brown hair covering half of her face and sprawled all over the pillow, I can see why it was so easy for me to give in once my eyes where wide shut.

I know that tangle of dark, wavy hair is not hers. I am certain that the smooth, creamy skin I see does not belong to whom I desperately wish it did. I am painfully aware of the fact that this woman in my bed is not Clementine; but under the dim light of the early hours of the morning, she might as well be.

So I gently walk inside the room, quietly making my way towards the empty side of the bed, my side. Without making a sound and trying not to wake her up, I climb onto the mattress and I sit with my back perfectly aligned with the headboard.

From up here, I have a perfect view to the girl whose identity is now switched in my mind. Dear God, how uncanny it is! And how deceitful and unreal. But I don't want the deception to end so I find myself holding my breath when she starts to groan in her sleep and push the hair off of her face. Her eyes are clearly moving behind the eyelids and this shrivel is starting to take shape between her eyebrows.

I try to stay as still as I can possibly be, but when she turns around to my side her eyes begin to open slowly, revealing a much different color than the one I was daydreaming about.

"Good morning..." she chimes with a lazy smile installed in her face and I immediately feel like an asshole for wanting her out of my house.

I know that I don't have to feel any regrets about this because, as much as I would love for things to be different, I don't have a person to answer to about the things that I do and the people I do those things with. Deep down in my brain, I know that. But the crushing weight that's resting on my chest since I woke up this morning is not something that I can just go ahead and talk myself out of. Because I know that this is not about cheating on her. This is about kidding myself.

"Morning..." I realize that I sound completely detached from my emotions when I respond to her greeting so I try to force a smile out of my lips, "Did you sleep alright?"

She doesn't seem to notice my foul mood but her grin begins to fade into a scowl as her eyes travel from my face and down to my body. With a slow but filled with intention movement, she slides closer to where I am, and before I can even start to process what she's doing, she is already straddling on top of me.

"So..." she whispers in my ear as her fingers search for the hem of my sweaty shirt, "Last night happened"

Her lips are now brushing down my cheekbone, moving imminently towards the corner of my mouth. The tip of her tongue feels warm against my skin and an unbridled war unleashes inside of me. My heart begins to beat painfully fast, pumping scalding blood through my body, making it respond alarmingly fast to her advances, whereas my brain and my soul keep telling me that I have to put up a fight.

"It did..." I say with a dry mouth, "But I don't think we should...."

Her taste is different. The way she claims my kiss with a shameless disregard for my weak attempt to refuse her makes me feel both insanely desperate to break free from her grasp, and incredibly aroused.

While I grab her dubiously by her hips, which are starting to rock teasingly against my fully awakened body, I realize that I am kissing her back. Maybe not as passionately as she is kissing me, but I am definitely letting her win the battle.

With my clothes already off of me and scattered all over the bedroom floor, I clasp on her sides with much more confidence and strength, lifting her up from my lap and turning her on her back against the mattress. My entire weight falls on to her and for the first time since I walked in, her face is perfectly revealed to my scrutinizing stare.

Her pupils are blown up by desire so I can barely tell what color they really are, but I think I can distinguish a brownish outline to them. Not green. Her lips are swollen because of their recent encounter with mine, but they are still quite thin and pale. Not sinfully pink and plump. Her naked breasts are generous and desirable, but far from being perfectly made for my hands.

But my hope is that if I keep rubbing myself against her, if I slide inside of her and I follow my most primitive instincts, I might get to experience what I did last night.

I might get to forget, even for a moment, that there's a girl with bewitching green eyes, a beautiful heart-shaped pair of lips and the most perfect tits for me to possess, roaming this Earth and quite possibly giving up all of those things that were once mine, to a Welch, unworthy dick.

And maybe this time, if I stay here long enough and I let her do her thing, I could be lucky enough so the fix will last longer.

A/N:

I try to use other songs, but Ed just keeps on sneaking up on me. J

Also, please don't hate me for this chapter.

Love, Lucy.