Running -Chapter 1

TW:  Blood, and normal Danny Phantom angst.

(Cover art by me)

---

Danny landed roughly on the ground, tripping and trying to catch himself with his legs before he fell. He tripped a couple steps forward before his legs buckled beneath him, he collapsed onto a heap on the ground. He pulled himself up against the wall of the dark wet ally he was now hiding in, making sure no one would see him. He was panting like crazy. Tears staining his cheeks. His core feeling like it was pulling itself inside out, he felt betrayed, betrayed by his own family, his own parents. That is as if he could call them parents ever again. What was wrong with him? He knew it was a terrible idea. Why couldn't he have just kept it secret a little longer?

Danny gripped onto his chest as two familiar bright rings appeared around his waist traveling over his body. His white hair and burned and destroyed jumpsuit now became raven-colored hair and a t-shirt and genes. The bright glowing light that was lighting up the small corner of the ally he was hiding in faded into complete darkness. The red color of blood started spreading over his white and red shirt as it instantly started soaking up the blood that was pouring from his side. Blood also dripped down from his arm onto the ground.

He hissed in pain as he leaned his head back against the wall. His core screamed at him as it was trying to rapidly heal his body before he died of blood loss. Danny grabbed onto his shirt and pulled it up slightly, the shirt peeling away from his skin as the blood tried to make it stick. Underneath it revealed a large ecto burn across the side of his torso. He looked away for a moment, not wanting to see what it looked like. Closing his eyes tight, he reached into his core and pulled some cold into the palm of his hand.

He slowly brought his glowing blue hand towards his side. Both hissing and pain and sighing in relief when the cold coated the burn. The frost spread rapidly across his side, nipping at the corners of his skin and slowly stopping the burning sensation.

Danny carefully pulled the shirt back down over the wound and pulled his knees to his chest. Voices kept echoing through his head. 'Ghost!' 'Monster!' 'Waste of ectoplasm.' 'Just a creepy little boy, with creepy little powers.' Tears started falling down his cheeks again. 'You're not our son! You're an emotionless abomination, a freak of nature, just a ghost...'

X

When Danny woke up suddenly, jumping slightly as he heard someone walk by, He quickly hissed in pain and gripped onto his side that was screaming in agony from the sudden movement. After a couple seconds, he had fully opened his eyes. It was still dark out, but the corners of the sky had tinges of oranges and purples in it showing that it was early morning. Danny's eyes wandered around the dark and grimy ally he found himself in. He had hoped the whole thing had just been a big nightmare. He'd wake up in his room and everything will be fine. His secret, still a secret. But I guess life doesn't work that way. At least not for Danny.

Danny almost gave in to the urge to look at his wound, but he couldn't. Not now. He gripped onto the wall before pulling his feet under him. He got up slowly, his legs wobbling slightly as he put all his weight on them. He was so weak. His core had put all of his energy into trying to heal his burn as fast as it could.

What was he going to do? How will he survive out here? There is no way he will be able to transform now. Even if he had enough energy. They would be able to track him. His ecto signature would show up on every scanner in the country. Whatever this country was. His parents probably would have told the GIW by now. Danny held back tears as he thought about it.

He shook his head trying to get himself back together. Maybe he could use his powers if he was careful about it. But if anyone sees him they could just go and tell the police, and that would lead to the government, and then eventually his par- the Fentons. He stopped himself; they can't find him, they can't. That means he can't... can't be Phantom... never again.