10

Quackity looked around Las Nevadas. He had just built it up. It wasn't even finished yet! And now sand covered the pathways like a suffocating ash. The once beautiful fountain had dried up, much like any ambition Quackity ever had.

"Why." Quackity spat, "why does everything I help build get destroyed! I was Tubbo's VP, and L'manburg got destroyed! Mexican L'manburg was gone before it started! Sapnap and Karl..."

Quackity grit his teeth as he leaned on the edge of the fountain, "no. I'm gonna build this up again. This is the only thing I have left! Las Nevadas..."

The man smiled, running his fingers over the scar that ran from the corner of his mouth up through his eye. He looked up at the sky and laughed.

"Las Nevadas!" Quackity fell to his knees, "My Las Nevadas..."

"Quackity?"

The man turned to see Foolish coming down the path. Quackity smiled.

"Foolish! My friend!" Quackity laughed, standing up, "how are you after everything?"

Foolish shrugged, "Well, my place is definitely worth just a diamond now.."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Quackity smiled internally.

"Yeah, yeah, well, Las Nevadas is looking better than expected." Foolish commented, walking around the place, "with a little bit of work we could still make it big."

"We?" Quackity raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, like I said..." Foolish kept his eyes on the ground, "my place is just worth a diamond."

The was a moment of silence before Quackity spoke up again.

"Well the hotel is still in pretty good shape." Quackity smiled.

"Are you offering me a place to stay?" Foolish looked up.

"I mean yeah." Quackity shrugged, "I need a right hand man."

"A right hand man?" Foolish laughed, "I guess after being Schlatt and Tubbo's right hand man, it's time for you to get one yourself!"

Quackity paused, "Schlatt? Who's Schlatt?"

Foolish kinda shrugged, "um, well, I didn't really know him all that well. He kinda died before I met him, but I heard you and him had a-a good friendship before he kinda went insane and had a heart attack. And then at his funeral you ate his heart..."

"No no no." Quackity looked dead in Foolish's eyes, "I've never met a Schlatt. Who is he?"

"Do-do you not remember or something?" Foolish asked, taking a step back, "You and Schlatt ran L'manburg for a while... Before Pogtopia-"

"What the hell is a Pogtopia!?" Quackity yelled, cutting off Foolish.

"H-hey hey, are you doing okay?" Foolish asked.

"No!" Quackity shouted, turning sharply and holding his head, "what the hell happened."

"Um, maybe if we go see Schlatt's grave it'll jog your memory?" Foolish suggested.

"Yeah, maybe..." Quackity hummed, "let's get some weapons and armor. Then we'll see this Schlatt's grave."

"Okay!" Foolish smiled, "this is good! We'll figure things out! Us! As the nation of Las Nevadas!"

Quackity laughed lowly, "of course."

Quackity turned towards the entrance of Las Nevadas, only to find himself face to face with a transparent green... Face?

"Quackity from Las Nevadas!" Charlie cheered, "I found you again! Dap me up!"

Quackity jumped back, "what the-!?"

"And you!" Charlie gasped as he spotted Foolish, "a friend! A friend of Quackity of Las Nevadas!"

"Uh, yeah!" Foolish chuckled, "I guess Quackity and I are friends?"

"Can I be your friend too?" Charlie looked at Foolish with wide eyes, "I'm a real human like you with flesh and skin and no slime! I can be your 100 percent human friend!"

"Uh... Okay, you-you can be my friend." Foolish nodded, "but, um, I'm actually half totem, half shark, half god... so, I'm not really human."

"A not human friend!" Charlie cheered, turning toward Quackity, "Quackity from Las Nevadas, isn't that amazing! A not human friend!"

"Yeah yeah." Quackity sighed.

Foolish inched his way closer to the scarred man, "where'd you find this guy?"

Quackity sighed heavier as Charlie happily bounced in front of them. What had they gotten themselves into?

"Also, who's this Schlatt's guy?" Charlie asked.