6

Y/n woke up the next morning to her phone going crazy. Mirio was calling her, and he didn't seem like he was planning on stopping until she answered. SheYou pressed the green button and put him on speaker, not bothering to get out of bed, or even sitting up. 

"Hey, just got done setting up a meeting with your customer! We're meeting this weekend," Mirio spoke on the phone eagerly. "Nice," was all y/n managed to say with her tired and groggy voice. "You just wake up or something? It's 1 pm!" he laughed and y/n just groaned. "Shut up," she said and he gasped. "I've never heard you curse before!" he faked shock. "I curse all the time, I just don't speak that much," she said as she rubbed her eyes.

"Do my customer have a name or some shit?" she asked and Mirio chuckled at y/n's grumpy morning attitude. "Yeah, Tenko something. Shumiru? Shimura? Don't really remember, I'm not good with names," he laughed. "Nice," she said again and closed her eyes. 

"I also may have someone else interested in another painting, the one of the dancer? It's a student at UA, I think her name was Momo Yaoyorozu," he added. "I'll send you the details on that one later today, I'll let you sleep a little longer, it sounds like you need it," he laughed and y/n groaned again. "Talk to you later y/n," he said and hung up. 

Another painting sold? I should have enough money after that to move out, she realized after Mirio had hung up. She ran over to her computer and turned it on. She opened the chat box and quickly typed the good news.

ShyGuy666: I soon have enough money, I sold another painting! I can move out!
CrustyBoy: That's awesome, good for you

She smiled to herself, and contemplated where she should tell her father now, or just leave. She figured that even though he was abusive, and a shit father, she should tell him.

ShyGuy666: I'm gonna go tell my father, I'll be back in a sec

She walked out of her room, and downstairs to where her father was sitting in the living room drinking as usual. "Dad?" she asked as she entered the room. He looked away from the tv to look at her. "I just wanted to tell you that I've made some money, and I'm gonna start looking for places to live soon. I'm gonna move out," she told him, and he just sat there in silence for a moment. "No," he simply said.

"No?" y/n asked. "That's right, no. Not in a million years am I letting you move out, you're gonna stay here and cook dinner for me, clean after me, and be just a little useful. So no," he said, raising his voice. Y/n started shaking, partially in fear, and partially in anger. 

"I can't live her until you die, I'm 18, I'm growing up, I need to get my own place, start a family and live my life! I can't do that if I'm still living at home, slaving away my life!" she yelled and her father stood up. Bottle in hand. He started laughing hysterically. "Who the fuck would want to start a family with you?" he spat in her face.

"Now go make me breakfast before I hit you with this bottle," he demanded, but y/n stood still. "No," she said. Her father slowly turned around to look her directly into her eyes and raised his eyebrows. "What the fuck did you say?" he asked her. "I said no," she calmly stated. 

Her father raised his hand and smashed his bottle onto her shoulder, the glass cutting into her skin. She could feel her t-shirt getting warm and wet. "Say that one more time for me, will ya?" he asked as he got close to her face, the broken bottle in his hand. "No," she stated once again, and he stabbed the spiky glass into her thigh. She screamed out in pain as she felt the glass digging against her muscle and bone. "Fuck, you're insane!" she screamed, but this only caused him to get even angrier. 

He slashed the glass across her entire body, creating many small but deep cuts on her arms, shoulders, and even her face. "I will kill you, I swear. I don't give a shit what happens to you," he said, and y/n started to panic again. She looked around the room and saw a bat lying against the corner of the living room. She took a deep breath and ducked down and ran over to the bat. Due to her father being drunk, she was way faster than him and managed to hit him hard in the head. But she knew it would only last for a few seconds.