Behind Misted Eyes

══════════════════

══════════════════

☣ 𝕰𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖘𝖘 𝕶𝖎𝖉 

Kid stilled in his quarters, his heart pounding for some unknown reason and he looked up, tawny eyes peering through bloodied lashes to constrict at the sight of the sun filtering in through the tinted glass of the train.

Something was wrong -- something was terribly wrong, and he didn't know what it was, and that only pissed him off.

That deep-set anxiety rooted in his stomach and the fear palpitating in his heart wasn't his own, and he knew that. Which could only mean that...

He suddenly pushed out of his seat with a low growl, his canines on full display as he burst out of the workshop to the compound with his bat in hand, his oppressive pheromones reaching far past what was normal. The very scent of it forcing those around to cower in fear as they stared on, left to wonder what it was that had pissed Kid off to this degree. But it only grew worse when the redhead heard the gates squeak open; the sound of approaching hoofbeats a mile away reaching his keen ears, and he turned. Serpentine eyes narrowing in barely concealed rage.

Once he made it to the front gates, he peered up, his painted fingers digging into the spot over his heart, feeling something akin to a searing fire burning through the inside of his mind and down to the glands on his neck. It was unbearable and constricting like something was attempting to burst forth.

However, the moment he heard your thoughts in his head, although fleeting, he stilled, jaw cemented in a grimace as his forehead twitched in irritation.

This feeling... it was the bond. There was no denying that.

And then he realized, with a dark, growling anger that the fear, the anxiety, and the endless sorrow was yours. He was feeling what you were feeling. From the pain, the horror, and the crushing loneliness. It was all yours, and he could feel it -- as real as the hand over his heart and the sweat on his brow.

Kid's amber eyes snapped open, his murderous gaze lowering on the approaching horseman in the distance, glowing in the humid light. It lasted only an instant, though, then a snarl settled on his sharp features at the sight of Knut on the other end. And only Knut.

"Kid?" Heat and Wire simultaneously jogged up to where their leader was at, a similar exchange of confusion on their faces. "What's going on?"

Kid ignored them to focus on the rider of the horse.

As others began gathering at the front gate to see what was going on, the redhead swung his wired bat over his shoulder, giving it a preemptive tap before he settled on a dark grin. Then without warning, he forced out a torrent of pheromones on a whim. The stifling scent of it clinging to the atmosphere like a blanket of darkness, and he felt a few pass from the smell of it. His anger evident through the ebb and flow of the gloomy substance as he glared on. Leaving Heat and Wire confused, and quite frankly, on edge by this new development.