Chapter 19

The night of Heath's ceremony went on without a hitch. The wild boar was delicious. The night lasted what felt like a long time. Heath did a wonderful speech as did David. Clark, Timothy and Michael all took the stage with Heath as he announced his team. There was much cheering at his choices. When it was finally time to shift Heath and his team did first, then we mates followed, then the rest of the pack. We all ran our territory together until well after midnight. The pack had a wonderful night.

It was a lot simpler to move around in my wolf form while pregnant. I stayed in wolf form as I walked through the pack house and up to my bedroom. I was completely exhausted, I curled up on my pillow, trying to fall asleep. Clark came in just after me, laughing out loud when he saw me on the bed.

"No way darling. You are not sleeping in the bed like that. It will be full of fur!" he told me. I whimpered at him and stretched out across the bed. "Come on Char, no way is this happening." I sat up, staring at him. I snorted before I flopped back down and rolled all over the bed.

Clark laughed out loud, dropping his clothes and shifted into his wolf, pouncing on top of me and rolling us around the room. We nuzzled and played together for a while. It was the first time we did that inside the house. Balls of our fur flew around the bedroom as we played together, tossing and jumping. We had so much fun.

I don't recall when we fell asleep but we woke up tangled in each other's naked forms a little past 6am. Clark had me wrapped in his arms, I was tucked up against his side. I moaned when he tried to move me, so stiff from pregnancy. "Come on darling, we should get up." He said with a husky voice. I shook my head, refusing, "Nope, I don't think the baby will let me move." He chuckled, kissing my forehead, "I have to get to training. Today is your brother's first official day with us, I don't want to be late." I held him in place, muttering against his chest.

Clark sighed at me, frustrated, "Pregnancy makes you difficult." I laughed, kissing his neck sensually, I bit down on my mark. He growled at me, trying to fight the urges I was tempting him with. "It also makes you horny." He whispered in my ear, sucking it into his mouth and nibbling. "I know, I'm a trouble maker." I whispered. Clark nudged me onto my back and got up quickly. I grumbled but he just laughed at me, "Sorry darling, usually your little vixen behavior would work but I can't be late for Michael's first big day." I nodded, rolling over and attempting to get out of bed. We had a quick shower together before Clark was out the door. I went to the kitchen to make some tea before going to the library.

A few hours later I heard some shouting down the hallway, I got up and went in search of it. It was coming from the conference room. I walked in to see all our senior pack members gathered around Timothy's map. There was a lot of commotion, I was having a hard time sorting it all out. Clark and Michael came rushing in behind me, "How many were spotted?" Clark yelled.

"The patrol said three but they didn't get a good look at them." Heath told him, he pointed to an area on the map. Clark went to it, studying the terrain and nodded. "We will have to go now, maybe we can pick up the trail and hunt them down." Clark motioned for a few warriors to follow him. He walked up to me quickly, kissing me good bye and rushing out the door.

I went over to Melanie, "What's going on?"

"A patrol spotted some rogues between Ice Water territory and ours. We alerted the werebears immediately and now we are sending a warrior squad to hunt them down." She told me, not looking away from the map.

"They saw three right?" I asked. Melanie nodded, "It's only three rogues which won't be a problem for our warrior team. However, if they are just a small part of a larger group, which we suspect they are then that is more dangerous."