Chapter 6

When the alarm went off at 4am I sat up with a start in bed. Clark hit the snooze button, annoyed and still half asleep. I must be out of my mind to be getting up at this hour, in a way I was, I needed to see her go. Marie and I had never been apart, our entire lives were spent with each other. I couldn't let her go without saying goodbye.

I scooted out of bed and into the bathroom to wash and get ready. The hot water did wonders that early in the morning. When I was done and ready I came out to see Clark was still in bed, moaning slightly. "You can stay here and sleep if you need to. I understand." I told him, getting fresh clothes from my suitcase. When I said that, Clark sat up at attention and forced his eyes open. He swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up, "No Charlotte, I will be there with you every minute. This is important to you so it is important to me."

I loved him so much, more each day. I smiled as my half asleep mate moved about our room, bumping into the furniture trying to get to the clothes in his suitcase. Clark dropped his boxer shorts to the floor and began to dig through his bag looking for clothes. His butt was very chiselled and defined. I started to wish he would turn around so I could get a look at his other side. He must have sensed it because he turned to meet my eyes and said, "Hey stop objectifying me, my eyes are up here."

I laughed out loud and pretended to try and take a look around him at the front, "But there is so much I see that I like."

Clark blushed and pulled clean boxer shorts on quickly. I laughed again, I had no shame when it came to him. I enjoyed playing with him, it was so easy. He pulled on some clothes and slipped his shoes on. "Coffee?" we both said at the same time, smiling at each other we snuck out the door and headed down to the lobby where they had a guest service coffee station open 24 hours.

We fixed ourselves on the sofa by the front desk with our coffees and waited. Hours past, the sun started to peek outside the large windows. Clark ended up falling asleep next to me leaning back on the sofa. He was such a kind person, I looked him as he gently snored next to me. I looked down at my third black coffee of the morning, it was 8:39am when I heard the elevator ding open. The Martins strode out like they owned the entire hotel.

My entire body went ridged, Clark woke up next to me and stood up. The entire family stared at me, the father and son glaring. Anthony let out a low growl, "We told your family not to bother us anymore. She is mine now; she is coming with me."

I stood up and let my eyes fall to Marie. She was standing behind Anthony; he had pushed her there. I could see she was torn by the look in her eyes. "I am not going to try to convince her to stay. All I want to do is say goodbye to my twin sister. She and I have never been apart before. We share a bond only twins can understand. Please let us say goodbye to each other. Please, Anthony." I begged him. I heard Marie whimper as I spoke. He looked at her, visibly annoyed by her sound. I could see his mother whisper something to him that I could not hear. Anthony looked back at me and Clark.

"Fine, but she doesn't leave this lobby and only for a few minutes." He shot at me. I immediately ran to Marie who took cautious steps towards me past Anthony. He growled at her slightly. We met in between, I pulled her very close and buried my face in her hair. She smelled different, not worse or better, just different. Clark approached us by a few steps but hung back so as not to agitate Anthony.

I pulled away just so I could see her face. She was scared. Her neck was still badly bruised; she was also shaking. "Marie, I love you so much. I am going to be going to Black Lake territory with Clark after the exhibition. I will write to you every week once I arrive." I told her. Marie nodded at me. She pulled me closer and whispered in my ear, "Have you mated yet?" I shook my head. "Be careful. My first time with Anthony was very rough. I bled a lot and I passed out. When I came to he was on me again and again. It was very scary." She told me.

I searched her face, "Marie that is not ok. You know that." She shrugged and looked at her shoes, breaking eye contact, "He's an Alpha, it's his right, he says. He says I will get used to it, I hope so because it isn't getting better."

I pulled her closer, "I love you Marie, please don't stop communicating with me. I will write to you every week. Write me back, and never forget that we all love you so much." I could feel her holding on to me for dear life, as though I would never see her again.

Anthony cleared his throat, "Marie, here now." Her body went ridged and she stepped away immediately. Her shaky voice managed a few words, "Goodbye my dearest sister. I will write to you, I promise." As she pulled her fingers from mine, I felt as though a small part of me was being ripped away. Anthony slung his arm around her shoulders and dragged her past me out the front door. None of them looked back. Clark pulled me close to his chest as I began to sob, I had held it in for our entire goodbye. I cried so hard I had to fight to breathe. He picked me up and carried me to my room, putting me in the bed and curling around behind me. He let me sob for hours, just rubbing my stomach and kissing my hair. We didn't talk, he didn't try to make it better he just held me as I was in more pain then I had ever been in my life.

"He is raping her." I whispered. Clark nodded, somehow he knew. I had assumed as much, based on what his father had said about the caves of cities. "What if he kills her?"

"He won't kill her darling. She is still his mate. Anthony loves power and control, but if he killed her he would be lost. That is how it works, once we find our mates we need them to function. Especially Alphas, if they don't have a Luna they are a complete mess. It is different if we never find them in the first place, but once they are lost, we become lost." Clark explained to me. I nodded, trying to control my breathing.

I finally turned around to face him, I stared into his eyes and I asked, "What if our first time hurts?" "Then we will go slow or stop if you want to." He said softly. "What if it hurts me so much and you don't want to stop." I shivered. He pulled me close to his chest and kissed me hard, "I will never, ever hurt you Charlotte. Never, I don't care if I am lost in the moment and I don't want to stop, if you are hurting we will stop. Nothing is more important then you." He told me firmly.

I searched his face, I believed him. I trusted him. I wanted him, right now. I pulled my shirt off and my pants down under the covers and undid my bra quickly. Clark looked at me dumbfounded, "What are you doing?"

I motioned for him to sit up and I took off his shirt and started to undo his jeans, "I want you, right now." He stopped my hands and touched my face, "Are you sure Charlotte, it's against the rules."

"I don't care, I want you, all of you, slowly." I hissed at him, he let me undo his pants and pull them off. I pulled his boxers down too and tried not to look. We lay back down under the covers, kissing softly and touching each other. Clark moved over top of me and let his hands explore, I felt him and it was energizing. We spent some time becoming more comfortable with each other's bodies before he held my hands and rested himself between my legs, "Char, this will hurt and it probably won't last very long. I will go slow ok." I nodded, "I know, I trust you Clark."

He kissed me again and moved forward, I clenched. I tried to breathe, he stopped. Clark moved forward again, I felt a sharp pain, I cried out and pulled him closer. He exhaled and moaned at the same time. We were slow and timid, but we were together in the moments. Our first time was not magical or amazing but we were one. He kissed me, I moaned his name, he didn't last very long. I didn't feel a lot of pleasure, but when it was over we held on for dear life. I knew it would get better with time. "Are you alright darling?" he asked me, worry on his face. "I am fine. It wasn't that painful actually, I thought it would hurt a lot more." I confessed.

"It helps if you are aroused." He told me, and I nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't last very long." I giggled and nibbled on his bottom lip, "We will just need to practice right?"

He laughed and kissed me, pulling me on top of him for another go. We were not flawless lovers but we were madly in love with each other and our sex reflected that.