Chapter 10

I spent the next two days learning all I could about werebears in the library. Their history was quite extensive, not as old as wolves but still very ancient. Like Heath had said their mating practices were different from ours but they still believed in the moon Goddess like us. They also believed the northern lights granted special abilities which is why most werebear packs live in northern areas of the country. They hibernate for three months out of each year, shutting down their lives to slumber. This wasn't a choice, the werebears needed to do this in order to function, if they don't their ability to shift is lost for and their bodies weaken extensively. Hibernation has lead to many werebear packs being targeted for extermination, as if they are not concealed well enough they are wiped out. I learned from the history books that it was often werewolves that carried out these exterminations.

Based on that I could understand why werebears were hesitant to trust us. There was a long history of violence between our species, often with the werebears all dying out in the process. I could tell from the stories that werewolves had stronger packs then werebears. However, werebears had the ability to convert body fat for long term storage, so they could eat less then us for long periods of time, making survival in the wilderness much easier. They also had great traditions of healers, who used herbs to work all kinds of miracles. I read that their healers, who they called druids, had a massive amount of herbology knowledge. I was looking forward to meeting some of these druids and learning form them. Apparently their druids were exclusively female, it had something to do with their cycles and ability to give life. The werebears believed that only females should possess such knowledge.

Clark linked me, asking what I was up to. I told him where to find me.

He came to the library, giggling when he saw that I was at a large table behind stacks of books taller then I was. He came behind me, wrapping me in a warm embrace and kissed the top of my head, breathing me in deeply.

"How is your research going darling?" he asked, still nuzzling my hair.

"Werebears are so fascinating. Did you know they gain special abilities from the northern lights? And did you know they have healers, called druids, who can do amazing things with herbs? I am so excited to meet this pack and learn from them." I told him, still engrossed in my research.

Clark moved his mouth down to my marking spot and nibbled slowly, I moaned and tilted my head back into his chest, he had my full attention now.

"I am glad you are looking forward to it, I was worried you might find this part of your duties boring." He admitted. I shook my head, "This is going to be interesting. I am learning so much about werebears, I hope I can help with the treaty."

Clark let his hands explore my sides, my stomach, my chest. He continued to nibble on my mark and lick it gently. I moaned louder, "Take off your pants, now." He obliged me and, I shed mine and we had a quickie on the floor, though luckily for me it wasn't that quick.

We dressed in a hurry, praying no one would catch us. We were in luck; no one came into the library until a while after we were done. He pulled up a chair next to me and wrapped his strong arm around my shoulders, "I never thought sex would be so good," he whispered in my ear, making me groan all over again, "I know our bond is strong, very strong. That must be why."

I locked eyes with him and murmured, "It's because your body and mine were made to fit together perfectly. Every single part of your body fits into mine with ease. That's why it is so good, and it will only get better. The longer we are together the better and stronger everything will get."