Chapter 14

The days flew by like minutes. I was suddenly in my last week of training at Ice Water. I enjoyed it so much, I was hardly home sick for Black Lake. I suppose it was because I didn't have time. Rose and her son, Luca were so encouraging. I had learned so many wonderful medicines, potions and concoctions. I was looking forward to applying my new trade to our pack. I knew there would be so many ways I could help to keep my pack strong.

My belly had swelled during my time there. I was now half way along in my pregnancy, my small bump had become a noticeable one now, there was no hiding it anymore even if I wanted to. I was sitting at my work station in the herbology room absentmindedly rubbing it when I felt some tingles in my hand. I stopped, gasping slightly. I wasn't sure what I was feeling. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath and moved the palm of my hand over my stomach. My mind flooded with light, I could smell my child as though I was touching them right there. I could feel their heartbeat in my hand, it was so strong and steady. I was shocked I could smell and see this, it was all new to me. I realized my druid training had taken over and I was sensing the future of my child. I could feel him, my son, it was a boy. I could smell his strength, his prowess. He was going to make an excellent leader. I could feel him in every pore on my body, he was going to make his father and I so proud.

I broke the trance I was in, letting myself breath. I wasn't expecting this kind of vision but I knew it was a possibility. Rose had told me that once we had started to subconsciously adapt to our druid training we would start to have visions of others, the future, the past. It wasn't magic per say, more of our bodies becoming in tune with nature around us and other living things. This power was another level of consciousness druids would experience, eventually being able to control it and channel it to find and gather information. I was pleased my mind was taking the training so well.

When I sat with Rose and Luca at dinner that night, I told them about my experience in the herbology room. They both smiled and nodded, Rose said, "It is good to see you are taking to the training so well." I smiled, "I have had a great teacher." She blushed and took a bite of her supper.

"Have you thought about anything else you would like to learn?" she asked, changing the subject.

I shook my head, "Not really. I feel as though I have learned as much as I can at this point. It's a process right, so I will never stop learning."

Rose didn't look up but she smiled at her food, "That is the correct answer girl. We never stop learning our skills. We never perfect them, we are all students of nature." I nodded, she was right. I had learned so much in my short time here and I knew it was just the beginning of my training. I looked forward to sharing my knowledge with our pack when I returned.

Finally, the thirty first day came and I was packed and ready to return home. Luca took my bags for me out to the foyer. Rose walked with me. We held hands as we walked, a strange sort of comfort. I took the canvas bundle from my pocket she had given me at our first meeting and handed it to her, "I suspect I won't be needing this after all."

She shook her head, holding out her hand and pushing it back to me, "You may not, but someday you will need to give that to another loved one. Keep it, it is powerful medicine." I nodded, tucking it back into my bag.

"Charlotte Duffey, you have been a delight to train. I never thought I would enjoy the company of a werewolf so much." Rose told me, taking both my hands in hers. I smiled, "Thank you Gamma, your pack hospitality has been wonderful. I am grateful to you all."

"Remember, let the visions come. Don't block them or it will set you back. Remember to drink the waking tea each day, every day no exceptions. It will bring you closer to nature and strengthen your bond to your subconscious. If you need anything from me, just reach out and I will be happy to act as a guide for you. I am always here girl." She told me sternly, a very motherly tone slipping through her lips.