Chapter 8

When I awoke the next morning I was alone in the bed and the room. I didn't think I could ever get sick of the smell of apple pie. I went to the bathroom to take a hot shower; it was very nice. I climbed into the shower and let it wash over my body, I felt so wonderful. I got dressed and went downstairs to the kitchen. I must have missed breakfast, there was no one in the dining hall so I took some fruit and sat down at one of the tables. I ate absentmindedly and looked around, there was not a soul here, you could hear a pin drop.

I walked through the house. It was so beautiful. There were intricate wood carvings into the walls of flowers, animals, plants and shapes. There were no paintings at all on the walls, just carvings and tapestries. I had never seen anything like it. As I walked down the halls I finally started to hear some voices. Three women around my age came out of a room chatting. They all turned and smiled at me, walking over.

"Good morning Charlotte. Are you finding everything alright? Can we help you?" one of them asked me.

I smiled, "I'm just examining these beautiful carvings. I have never seen anything like it before."

"Yes, wood carving is an excellent medium. Many of us do it in various ways. The best of us end up carving on the walls." A different girl told me.

"Sorry, we should introduce ourselves. I'm Tabitha, this is Amy and Melanie. We are Omegas here." Tabitha told me.

"It's lovely to meet you all." I said, shaking hands all around.

The girls invited me to join them in the library, so we all walked there together. I had never seen so many books in all my life. It was easily two levels of shelves full of books. There were ladders going up all the way to the ceiling. There were three computer stations as well. Two big bay windows looked outside over the training grounds, I looked but I couldn't see Clark.

"This is an amazing library," I said, running my hands over the books along a shelf, "I am in love."

Amy smiled and said, "There isn't a lot to do around here for extra entertainment. We don't have Wi-Fi so reading is an excellent escape. These are the only computers in the place, so we all share."

I nodded, "Do we check books out or do we just read them here?"

"You can take them out, but watch out for Mary. She keeps very strict records, if you don't return a book on time she will hunt you down." Amy told me with a giggle.

Tabitha pointed to a woman I assume was Mary putting some books away up high on the ladder. I looked at the clock in the library and it read 9:15am. I gasped, "Oh shoot I am late to meet Clark. Thanks for showing me around, I'll see you all later."

The girls all waved goodbye to me as I hurried out the door and back to our room. They seemed very nice and friendly. It was good to know I could make friends here. I got to the room and went inside, I didn't see Clark but I heard the shower running in the bathroom. I was overcome with an urge to be brave, so I stripped down to my skin and tiptoed into the bathroom. Clark had his back to the door so he didn't notice I came in. This was the first time I got to look at his entire body naked. He was impossibly fit and toned. His muscles were very defined, his skin had a natural tan. As the water washed across my Clark's body, I noticed I was licking my lips longingly. I tied my hair up in a bun and walked up to the shower, I pulled the door back and stepped inside.

"Hello there handsome." I whispered gently and ran my fingers along his shoulder blades. Clark shuttered and spun around to face me, he looked me up and down. His eyes filled with lust and I saw his excitement in his lower body. Clark pulled me to his wet chest and smelled my hair deeply, "Char, oh my god, what are you doing to me."