Clark shivered at my words, he moaned as I kissed him slowly. He knew I was right, he loved that I was right. Our sex had become so amazing in a short time; it was only getting better the longer we were together. I was grateful for our bond, that it was so strong and growing everyday.

I hadn't realized it was supper time, I had completely missed lunch and now I was starving. We headed down to the hall and grabbed a table. Heath joined us, as was now tradition. Michael ended up sitting with some of the older wolves on the other side of the room. I was happy to see he was making friends with others in our pack. Tabitha came and found us, joining us as well.

She leaned over and whispered in my ear, "What is the story with your brother?"

I smiled at her, knowingly, I filled Tabitha in on why he was here with us. I didn't give her all the details Michael had confided in me but I told her as much as she needed to know. When I finished she nodded slowly and took a bite of her dinner.

"That's too bad, I haven't heard of a bond that didn't take before. I mean, we all know it's a possibility but I have never actually seen one." She said, glancing over in Michael's direction.

"He's healing right now. He's staying with us until he feels well enough to go back home. I am happy that he likes it here." I said, following her gaze. Tabitha seemed satisfied and we changed the subject to other pack house gossip.

"So Charlotte, do you have any questions about this meeting? I'm sure it's a lot to take in, especially if you have never been in the presence of werebears." Heath asked, not looking up from his food.

"Actually I have been studying up the last few days in the library. I've learned so much. I am thrilled to be going to this meeting, I want to learn more from them." I told him eagerly.

Heath looked up at me with awe on his face, he looked to Clark who nodded at him and back to me, "Thank god for you." I laughed. "No seriously, this is just what we need. If you have a genuine interest in them and care about it that will make a big difference. Clark, if you ever let go of this girl I will beat you senseless and then claim her for myself."

Clark went ridged next to me, I could feel panic through our bond. I looked at him, his face gave nothing away but I could feel his heart beating within his chest like a jack hammer. He was freaking out inwardly, without showing it on the outside. He smiled at his brother, looking at him in the eyes, "I never will."

Heath didn't look up from his food, he hadn't registered the strong reaction Clark had been having. I was certain he hadn't meant anything by it. Heath and I had become friends, but he respected the mate bond, he wasn't about to try and stake a claim on me. He respected his brother, he loved his brother. That wasn't who he was. He was happy to see Heath had found a strong mate to be by his side.

The rest of dinner passed easily. Clark was full of anxiety and fear; I could feel everything he felt. He was in a panic. After he finished eating he pulled me by the hand to our room, locking the door and turned to look at me.

His eyes were full of tears now; he was letting them fall when we were alone. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his face slowly, trying to calm him. It wasn't working.

"He can't have you. You are mine. I will die without you. Please Charlotte, please." He cried into my neck, lifting me up to his shoulders. My legs lifted off the ground. I held on to him, rubbing his back and making soothing sounds.