"You can't sit here Chris," I whisper out, looking down and I hope he can hear me.

"Why?" He says softly and I look up, my greens meeting his brown orbs with shock. I'm surprised he even heard me with how low I just spoke but, he did. He's dressed in a black t-shirt with a red hoodie over the top and his brown hair is pushed back with his sunglasses. I watch as he scoops a spoon full of his ice cream, watching as the spoon rises and his mouth cups over the spoon. "Amazing! I've waited all week for this," he moans closing his eyes.

"I've gotta go," I quickly say as I try to grab my things and go to stand up, but his arm reaches out, his hand gently resting on my arm to stop me.

"No wait Ryan, please," he pleads with his eyes and I stop, looking down at his hand on me. "Sorry," he says and he removes his hand quickly, putting them up defensively. "Please Ryan, just sit down and wait for your friend with me. I promise I'm not going to hurt you, I would never hurt you... plus you still have to finish off your ice cream," he says pointing to my own tub, his brown orbs so sincere and his lips curling into a small smile. "You have good taste, the black cherry is one of my favourites."

"It's not you I'm worried about, it's the people you hang around with."

"They aren't here and they don't even know I'm here. They all think I'm at swim practise, but I'm playing hooky," he playfully smirks and in some way it eases my nerves. "Please sit with me."

I hesitate, thinking about the beating I got yesterday. Natalie and Billie didn't like the fact I got all the answers right on the pop quiz we had first period English and apparently I'm too smart for my own good. Apparently, I shouldn't make other people look dumb for being a smart arse. Then they accused me of cheating and said that not only am I a boyfriend stealer by trying to take Chris away from Natalie, but I cheated on the test and must of stolen the answers from Mr Hudson.

"What if they find out?" I ask my eyebrow raised, questionably.

"They won't, please Ryan? Just sit with me for a little bit," he smiles softly at me and I feel my legs get weak just looking at his smile.

Ever since he bumped into me at the bottom of the stairs a few months ago and took me to the nurses office, we have had these little chats here and there. I don't know why there's this sudden interest in me all of a sudden. Like he wants to be my friend or feels guilty about his friends and girlfriend acting like arseholes towards me, but my guard is up. My walls as high as they can be because I don't trust him. I can't trust him.

"Why?" I ask, the words sour on my tongue.

"Because I want you too," he says, his eyes begging me to give him a chance, "and I have no one to hang out with," he chuckles with a smile tugging at his lips.

I eye him up, looking deep into his eyes trying to figure him out, only... I can't. It's just a risk I have to take and if I'm burned by him then it's my own fault, "fine," I huff out and I take my seat back in the booth. When I look back up at him there's a small amused smile tugging at the corner of his lips and my cheeks heat up instantly with a blush. Why does my face have to betray me all the time?!

We sit in silence, both of us eating our own ice cream until he breaks the silence and I kinda wish he didn't, "can I ask you what happened?" He asks, but I just look at him in confusion. "Your eye... what happened?"