Thirty Two

BLAKE'S POV

With Roman arguing back and fourth with doctors for a week straight, I was finally allowed to go back home and I was relived to be back.

I still felt odd about what I had to do to that man. I killed someone and it didn't faze me as hard as it should. Maybe this was the life I was suppose to live. Or my survival instincts kicked in. Because I don't feel a ounce of guilt.

Roman explained to me how I couldn't tell anyone about my pregnancy until he knew I was 100% safe. I understood and felt the same way.  If my father knew, he'd work even harder to make sure I was dead.

We arrived at the empire and I had on heavy makeup, something I usually don't put on. I needed to hide the bruises that were slowly fading away and my tiredness. I didn't want to answer anyone's questions on why I looked the way I did.

Roman helped me from the car as he pressed a kiss on my forehead, I guess to give the people from the empire a show. They were standing around with smiles on their faces. They looked way too excited for us to be back and to be honest it felt good.

"Welcome back Mr. and Mrs. Ferrari!" Some yelled.

I looked toward Roman with an raised brow.

"They think we're married."

I tried hiding my laugh. "Seriously?"

"Yes. We won't be here for long. I just need to show my face. And we'll be moving into my other home."

"You have another house?"

He nodded as we proceeded to the front doors.

"Just pack up some of your things and we'll be off in the next hour."

"Beautiful ring." A woman yelled from the crowd pulling me from my thoughts on moving.

I looked down at my finger. I forgot all about the ring Roman gave me. I bit my lip to hide my smile. It was indeed beautiful.

"The ring that saved your life." He whispered in my ear.

"How?" I asked interested.

"Don't worry about that princess." He gave a smirk that annoyed me.

After rolling my eyes at him. I back tracked to my thoughts on moving and to be honest, I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to leave behind the firm or the small amount of friends I've made. I wanted to stay and make a name of myself in this empire. I know it might sound stupid, but I wanted to have a real home. A real place to raise our baby and with the smiles of the people around me, I knew these people cared about Roman and I.

"Do we have to leave?" I asked playing with my fingers.

His face sharpened as he eyed me down. "Blake you're not safe, not until Luis is dead."

I crossed my arms. "But Roman."

He ignored my rebuttal and entered the house. I followed behind him inches from his back.

"I will not put you and my child in anymore danger." He tried hiding the anger in his voice, but I noticed.

I grabbed his arm. "This isn't fair. I should be able to make my own choices Roman!"