Draven, Abigor's father, finally relaxed fully and sighed out loud.

"You know I never question your choice, son" his father said a little calmer than before as Aria's eyes widened in shock. The power Layla had over her husband, the previous Mafia boss, was impressive but at the same time scary.

"What choice!" Aria thought again while biting her lower lip in stress. She had to tell the truth but the power and presence of two intimidating men who were famous for their ruthlessness, made her shut up.

Abigor nodded curtly as he stepped back "I apologize for shouting at you, father"

Both of them made up as quickly as they had started their small fight.

Layla's gaze swam back at Aria as she smiled again "I apologize on behalf of my husband too dearie. He can be a little rough around the edges but once you get to know him, he can be the best company you could ask for"

Sure, alright.

"It's alright Layla, I don't take things easily to heart anyway" Aria said while returning her smile. This woman was more cunning than her son and husband combined.

She knew how to handle a situation with honeyed words and sweetened gestures. A true wolf in a sheep's clothing. Aria knew she had to be careful of her if she ever met her again.

"What about me? You cannot just abandon me? My father will surely break the partnership!" Audrey spoke up after a while as all of them looked at her with bored eyes.

Aria frowned. The shade of lipstick on her lips had darkened along with the tint of blush on her cheeks. Her once elegant satin dress was pulled down which gave an ample show of her cleavage.

When all of them were busy fighting, she was busy trying to make herself look like a clown.

"Disgusting" Aria heard Anna say from beside her.

"What's that on her face?" Aria asked, narrowing her eyes at the glitter like substance around her eyes, which was also a new addition to her look.

"Desperation" Abigor commented as Aria snorted a little and looked away, trying to control her laughter.

"Well, Ms Moore" Abigor said finally as Audrey's eyes lit up in hope "Before that cranky old man breaks the deal which I never wanted anyway, I cut Moore Corporation out."

"Son-"

"Father" Abigor cut his father off "Do you trust me?"

Draven looked between Audrey and Abigor, before finally setting at his son "Of course"

Abigor looked back at the girl, who now had tears in her eyes "If I see your face again or if Moore Corporation tries to intervene, I'll fuck your company up" he threatened without mercy as Aria furrowed her brows.

Just a glance of his real face.

"But, Abi-"

"Its Mr Hayes for you" he interrupted coldly, his face hardening up every second "Should have thought before fucking around Ms Moore"

Audrey's eyes widened in surprise "Y-You knew"

"Of course, I know everything that goes around" his demeanour changed as he looked down at Aria "I don't like when people try to hide things from me"

Aria gulped, she knew all too well who it was aimed at.

Audrey broke down in sobs before running back towards the door, the people whispering among themselves while staring at her just added to her embarrassment.

A single clap made Aria look towards her side to see Anna smiling widely.

"Now it's a party!"

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

please follow! just 6 followers away from 1k !