YOU WILL BE OKAY

Avni had done the last rites of her maa who had not given her birth but surely given her life and was now in the hospital to collect her maa's belongings and complete the left over formalities .

All this while Neil was with her . Giving her a shoulder when she felt dizzy and make her feel that she isn't all alone in this cruel world .

He was unknown of the fact that why was he doing it . He only knew that he felt responsible towards her . He felt that he was meant for supporting her , for comforting her , for protecting her .

He was coming after fetching the things which was in a small bag in his hand towards Avni who was lifelessly sitting on the chair in the waiting area .

He went to her patted her cheeks but she didn't responded and only looked into his eyes .  He understood that she was in an emotional trauma and she needs time and care .

His heart pained looking at her state . He so wished to go into past and make everything alright . He so wanted to wipe all her pain and miseries .

Neil: let's go to Home Avni

He picked her up by keeping his one hand under her knees and the other under her back making her startled .

The car screeched in front of the chawl . It was dark now . He opened the door and picked her up again and advanced towards her house with her face hidden in his crook of neck as if covering herself from reality .

She was in his warm embrace which was shielding her from the cold world she was left in . Her eyes void of emotions . Hands tightly clutching his shirt as if it was the last thing left to hold on .

Their closeness didn't went unnoticed by the fellow group of women of chawl sitting their and bitching about random people .

While Neil was least bothered about their weired stares . He advanced inside the house . It was a small but neat and clean house with one bedroom , a hall and a kitchen .

He laid her on the bed with the portion above abdomen resting on the head board and made her drink water .

He slowly cupped her cheeks .

Neil: Avni say something . You are scaring me .

But there was no movement in her .

He held her from shoulders with worry painted over his face and shook her .

Neil : Avni you are strong ! kuch to bolo Avni please

That's when Avni looked at him. Her expressions changing as if something was breaking inside .