epilogue

"you ready to go?" you fluffed your hair in the mirror, your makeup seemed perfect.

"ready!" daveed called to you, "alright, you got everything?" he wasn't talking to you, he was talking to your mother.

"don't worry about me, get going!" her voice called.

you walked out of the bathroom and pulled your daughter in for a hug. "mommy and daddy will be home soon, okay nova?" you asked, she giggled and nodded.

nove was five, she had already seen oakland and chose west coast clean rap which daveed was proud of. rafael was the godfather, he seemed to be the third parents some times.

"by sweet girl," daveed kissed her curly haired head and grabbed your hand.

clyde and soccer barked goodbye.

your dress was red and tight, daveed had a nice dress shirt on with the top two button undone. his shoes shines and so did those pearly whites.

"why are we even going out to such a nice restaurant again?" you got into the car.

"because," daveed began to back out, "i made a promise like eight years ago that i would take you on a very nice first date, i kinda forgot about that until i went back through my notebooks. so, i'm making up for it." he drove down the side street to the main.

"but babe, i don't need fancy-shmancy stuff." you leaned back.

"'fancy-shmamcy'?" daveed laughed, "you need to stop hanging out with my mom..." he giggled, "hey." he saw your worried look, "we can afford a nice dinner, i'm paying-"

"you said we were splitting!" you gasped, daveed reached over and touched your thigh. "daveed-" you sighed, "y'know what? it's fine, everything is going to be okay..." you closed your eyes and calmed yourself down.

"so that yoga does help," daveed parked outside of the resultant. "maybe i'll but you some more of those leggings for- ow!" you had slapped his arm, "what? not my fault i married someone sexy!"he pointed to the ring and laughed at your embarrassed face. 

"let's just eat, i want carbs." you got out and daveed went around to walk in with you.

there were people ahead of you, daveed turned and tapped your arm.

"did we put it under your last name or mine- oh wait never mind." he laughed, "it's the same."

"you do this every time," you smirked.

"because it's funny- hello, reservation for diggs." he had turned to the host.

she led you back to a booth, a candle was lit and the seats were expensive. the red fabric made it obvious.

and soon you were both sat with a glass of wine in front of both of you, daveed's hand caged over yours. his thumb rubbing your skin.

"you know what nova said to me today?" you asked, daveed shook his head with confusion. "she said she finally likes her curly hair." a smile grew on both of your faces, "isn't that just- it's so-" you tried to find the word.

"perfect..." daveed said softly, "when she said she wanted to straighten it i was like, fine but why, and nova said she wanted it to look 'pretty' i was heartbroken, y'know?" you nodded. "and i know her hair is like copy and paste me," you both laughed, "but i took her into our bedroom and made her watch you take off your makeup some nights. i would say 'you gotta love yourself in the natural state or else whatever you try to change will never make you feel better', and she watched you smile to yourself after getting completely ready for bed." daveed smiled softly, "so it was really all you, you're the perfect mother, i can't stress it enough." he picked up your hand and kissed your knuckles.

the tables were a little further apart then before, people didn't really wears masks anymore because if vaccines. inside restaurants were open and the full capacity was dependent on the amount of tables left, not the amount of people into the building.

the streets became alive again, farmers markets and random shows downtown were back on. store small business could open again. yes, somethings were different like class sizes getting smaller, but the world seemed better.

the food was placed between the two of you, you both are without much talking, you didn't need it. just being together made you both happy and content.

"i wonder what life would be like if i didn't move next door, or order a book, or give you my number and all that. i think i would be a completely different person. what about you, my dear?"

"melancholy, pure melancholy." you whispered.

A/N: and there you go, finished, not the way i wanted to to end but i think it works, sorry for the delay, sorry for the bad writing, and all that good stuff. i might not be that active but that's okay, life is moving fast right now.