The Act of Moving In

"i get that, totally." you're sitting beside daveed, "but all i'm saying is if we both sell then we have to move both houses, why not sell one and move in together?" you turn away from the laptop.

"neither of us want to sell, i can tell." daveed gave you a look, "if we both don't want to sell, then we both should sell. make it fair."

"that doesn't make sense," you roll your eyes and get up from the stool near the island. "i think one of us should sell."

"me too, be neither of us want to. i just said that." he ran a hand over his hair.

you sigh and lean back on the counter, an empty glass in your hand. "you're right, we're gonna be in deadlock, we might as well both sell." you fill up your cup, "but are we buying a house? apartment? condo? is there a difference?" you sit back down.

"a small house, two dogs." daveed looked over his shoulder to see both of them cuddling.

"that's so much money," you cover your face, "that i don't have."

"speaking of that," daveed closed his laptop, "how's that going?"

"it's going." you look up, "no one is hiring right now." you groan.

"well," daveed seemed to challenge his own thought before saying anything, "i mean, don't take this the wrong way... it would be easier if you sell, you can get all that money and move in here." he bit the corner of his lip.

"why do you have to be right?" you lean on him.

"because it's funner." he stood up.

"funner isn't a word, mr. english." you take a swig of water.

"whatever, if i'm not teaching, i don't care." daveed smiled, he was getting exited for the end of school. "i can't wait to never see those snot nosed freshman again, they suck!" daveed got himself his own glass of water.

"you really hate them," you raise an eyebrow.

"you would too, trust me." daveed shook his head. "alright, let's get serious. ever time we talk about living situations we get super sidetracked. do you want to sell, keep that money, find a job, make more money, live with me?" he placed two firm hands on the counter top.

you looked out the window and into your house, seeing someone else move in would be hard to fathom. daveed did have a good point, you were slowly losing money and you really needed a stable house and job, you could have one of those things right away.

you sighed and let your head rest in your hands, "only..." daveed's face lit up, "only if we get a curtain." you point to the window.

daveed jumped up and done which set off the dogs, clyde and soccer ran around him and started nipping at him ankles. "you are moving in!" daveed ran over and almost fell on the dogs, he kissed all around your face and pulled you in for a hug. "we will get that curtain right away."

~~~time skip~~~

"okay, so, we've got the house listed and we've got the person or whatever helping us... so all we do is wait." daveed rubbed your back, you had cleaned and moved some stuff out. you had also put most things from the kitchen on ebay and kijiji because daveed already had most of that stuff.

"ya," you stand outside the house. you looked at the FOR SALE sign and felt a little sad, it was your house.

but, taking the next step with daveed was a good thing. your relationship was moving smoothly and this is what couples do.

you had spent the day putting things in boxes and bringing some stuff over, you were going to sell the house with the basics left; couch, bed frame, island stools. whatever the buyer wants to keep, they can.