Vital Information

"oh my god!" you giggled as the swab went up your nose, daveed was lughing behind you.

the doctor pulled it out and you blinked a couple times, you held the bridge of your nose. you had no idea it went up that far, when you thought it was supposed to stop it kept moving.

"okay..." the doctor raised a brow at the name, "david?"

"daveed, long e." daveed looked at you with a 'really bitch' type of face.

"sorry," the doctor got the swab.

daveed had a bigger reaction to it, he tried to pull away a couple times but that couldn't happen.

after the doctor sealed both, you were sent on your way. you had driven two different cars but the whole car ride up you were behind daveed.

as you pulled into your drive way and your phone rang again, it was the hospital. this could either be the rapid test result because it takes a while to drive to the hospital or an update on your parents.

you stayed in your car and picked up the phone, "this is (y/n) speaking."

"hello, we are calling to give an update on Leslie and Martha." the doctor paused, you hummed. "the virus hasn't left and the lungs are getting severely damaged, with times like these you can no longer come in to see you parents. it's also extremely dangerous for you because of your lung's state."

"you have to be kidding me?" you groan and let your head fall on your steering wheel, "my parents are getting worse and i can't see them?"

"i'm sorry, that's the rules." the doctor sounded sad but also knowing this was the only way.

"there has to be something, i mean anything!" you looked over to see daveed waiting by his car, he nods his head upward; clearing seeing you distress, to ask if you're okay.

"i'm sorry, there isn't another way, you can call if you have further questions and you have the extension to their room. sorry, have a good day." they slowly hung up and you were left staring forward.

you got out of the car and daveed made his way over, he still had a mask on and kept his distance.

"is everything alright?" daveed asked sadly.

is everything alright? what kind of question is that? "no, daveed. everything is not alright." you look in the distance and take a deep breath, "nothing is alright, my parents are slowly dying alone and i can't see them, i did nothing wrong!" you cover your mouth even though the mask was already doing that.

"you did nothing wrong," daveed repeated.

"as a kid, i took my puffer, i went to the doctors, i took that stupid medicine that didn't do shit and only tasted bad to help my lungs, i never smoked, i never stood near people who smoked, none of my friends smoked, i was that lonely kid who had to take edibles at parties while everyone else was smoking weed, they would get their high way before me and they would be brain dead by the time i was greening in the bathroom. i tried to get my parents to stop smoking-" your throat catches some spit which cuts you off, "they didn't listen, now their dying alone and i can't see them!" you cover your face with your hands, "so no," you take them off, "everything is far from alright."

daveed stood there stunned, he really didn't know what to do. he knew you hadn't vented to someone on a while that's why these speeches kept coming up in every conversation.

DAVEED'S POV

I want to hold her, i want to tell her everything will be alright. i want to help her feel better, i want to make her dinner, dry her eyes, hug her until she falls asleep. i want to be with her to make her feel better because seeing her on the verge of tears is something i can't stand.