Rafael & Cops

"so, we gotta drop everything off at rafael's house and then we are going to go over your pitch for next week." daveed drove out of the camp site, you were still slightly damp because you thought daveed would have forgotten about the promise to get you to jump off that rope but he saved it for the very end.

"dav, the meeting doesn't even have a date." you rolled your eyes, "i don't need practice."

daveed got over the bumpy road, it would have been way too distracting to talk and dodge all the potholes at the same time.

after pulling into a paved road he glanced over at you, "sunshine, you're gonna regret not practicing." daveed said with a sigh, "i'm really trying to get you a job."

"well..." you sigh, "i know what i'm doing." you cross your arms.

"i love you, but no you don't." daveed looked over his shoulder and merged onto he next lane and picked up the speed of the car.

you just huff and look out the window, you could tell daveed was looking over at you from time to time. "i've got a decent amount of ideas for a curriculum and i've got ideas for a job interview, it's all gonna be fine." you look to him.

daveed sighs, probably realizing he can't really win this time. "it is, it's all gonna be fine." he whispered and kept driving.

"i'm gonna miss the camp site, now we gotta go back to those old assholes." you throw your head back with an over exaggerated groan.

daveed laughed and shook his head, "y'know, you should respect your elders." daveed mocked, he had heard you call your mom and explain what the living situation was like.

clyde was sleeping in the back seat, he was poached. he had been running around those three days and he managed to sleep soundly the last night.

you reached your hand back you gently rubbed wherever was closest to you, it was the middle of his back.

the drive went way faster on the way back, daveed had punched in rafael's address and he lived in the area, around twenty minuets away from your house.

daveed pulled slowly down the street and looked out the window for the right numbers, after getting it he shot a text and pulled into the small driveway.

a man with blond hair walked out of the house, he had some slides on and a random shirt and basketball shorts.

"daveed!" he called, he walked over and bumped elbows.

"rafa, what's up?" daveed smiled, rafa had a mask on and daveed quickly slipped his on.

you got out of the car and walked around, daveed stepped back to be inline with you.

"hi," you smile and adjust your mask.

"hello, i'm rafael casal, i'm the head of the drama department at our high school." rafa also held out a elbow, you copied.

"i'm y/n, i'm actually applying to your school." you nod.

"you teach?" rafa walked past you and popped the trunk, he started to take some out, daveed did the same.

"not really, used to be journalist." you sigh at the memory.

"why'd you leave?" rafa came back and grabbed the tent.

"long story..." your demeanour dropped and rafael noticed. can people stop bringing up by dead father?

"i'm glad you've jumped ship." rafa laughed.

you walked to the trunk and took out the propane tank, daveed jogged up right away.

"let me, you take the mallet and pins." daveed kissed your head through his mask and took the tank from you.