The Renovation

you woke up in a cold bed, something you'd never really get used to. today was wednesday so daveed was stopping by to talk, you wanted him back. it was miserable being without him, he's been with you through thick and thin and this break really helped.

your mother's house was defiantly old, it was small. there was a radio under the microwave that you've been using for while, being in the city allows a lot of stations to be accessed.

"alright, we're going to slow it down this morning, here's when i was your man by bruno mars." the song faded in.

"i bet daveed is screaming pathetic fallacy right now, all we need is some rain." you spoke to clyde, a habit you couldn't seem to break at his point.

you made some breakfast and fed clyde, you didn't know when daveed would come over but you wanted to be in the house all day to make sure not to miss it.

DAVEED'S POV

i didn't get any sleep, i was up all night writing. these books from y/n's dad are really helping. soccer seems worried about me, i would be too.

i managed to get a nap in, woke up at a normal hour. i didn't know when i should go over but the sooner the better or i'll spend my whole day thinking about it.

after washing my face and making sure someone couldn't tell i haven't slept in a while i'm out the door, i have a little spring in my step.

i punched the address in my phone and took off, my old car gets too overwhelmed when i've got my music playing through the aux and the gps.

i hate radio music...

"alright, we're going to slow it down this morning, here's when i was your man by bruno mars" the radio men said.

i sang in my car but couldn't help but feel like this radio station was stalking me, playing music that made me feel like shit.

"there should be some rain to make this perfect..." i mutter and giggle at my self, still pick up on those stupid tropes. "i've had enough," i flick off the radio.

with a deep breath i get out of the car and walk up the driveway, note book in hand.

there's a few seconds before pressing the door bell. when you go to kill a spider and you're confident you're going to kill it because it can't harm you, but at the last second you get that thought what if it just jumped at you? and then you second guess and freeze before you hit the spider, causing it to run away or fall to the ground and now, you have no idea where it is and you're paranoid all day.

i only ring once, i can hear clyde barking and footsteps walking toward the door. just run back to your car, she hates you.

the door opened and a wave of relief washes over me, just seeing her smile makes my knees weak.

"hi," she says so softly, "wanna come inside?"

"s-sure." i walk in, pull it together.

"how have you been?" y/n sat down and i did too, i would normally swoop in and cuddle her, shower her with kisses. now i'm at a weird distance.