Camping

you turned into daveed's parents driveway and soccer was already wagging his tail, you turned in the passenger seat and and gently soothed soccer's excitement.

barbara walked out and took soccer from the car, "you sure you wanna go camping?" she warned, "daveed, we aren't that outdoorsy..." she muttered to herself before swooning over soccer.

"it will all be fine, we're gonna live." daveed said with a laugh, he waved goodbye and he pulled out of the driveway.

the ride was long and daveed only played his music, he was tapping on the steering wheel and humming along, occasionally rapping.

you were looking at the cynic road, the highway wasn't busy so you were going pretty fast.

after getting off the highway daveed was twisting and turning on a slightly rocky road, it was safe to say the car he has wasn't good with it.

"am i on a roller coaster?" you giggled as the car shifted back and forth.

daveed shook his head and turned into the off road to enter the camp site.

you rolled down your window and felt the fresh air open your lungs, it was nice to smell pine and faint campfire.

daveed went to a little both and checked in and paid, he got a map and started down the road.

"oh, look at that!" daveed pointed to a little shop, there was sweaters and sweatpants and mugs in a little shop that probably smelled like moth balls.

you kept going down the windy road, the gentle sway was making you sleepy. you let your eyes close but was woken up quickly.

"psst, (y/n), look." daveed strained his whisper.

you opened your eyes to see a little deer slowly crossing the road, no one was behind your car so you could watch it walk.

"bambi," you smiled, it crossed and daveed started to drive again but way slower.

once you reached the site both of you scanned around and no one was near you, you felt a little better knowing that there was some space.

daveed was taking things out of his car and clyde was sniffing around, he knew not to go too far.

"let's set up this tent," daveed groaned and opened the bag, "really putting our relationship on the line here." he laughed.

you started to set it up and in the beginning it seemed to go well, the rods all fit and everything was working beautifully.

until clyde came back from exploring, with the tent halfway complete clyde decided to go into the tent. you went in to grab him but daveed being the funny guy let the tent drop.

clyde got scared and started yelping, he curled in your lap and daveed quickly tried to pick it up again.

"daveed!" you yelled, "not cool, he's shaking!" you soothed clyde.

"sorry, babe." you could tell he was frozen with a guilty look on his face.

the tent got set up and clyde was now walking between your legs, he did this as a puppy when he got way too scared on walks.

"wanna go to the lake?" daveed asked, "swimming?"

you nodded and changed into bathing suits, clyde was put on his leash and you walked over.

your feet were already getting grimy with your crocs on, daveed had a towel resting on the back of his neck and had light blue short swim shorts.

when you got the the lake daveed wanted to explore a bit, you agreed but really just wanted to chill on the minimal sand.