when everything was over people lingered but eventually were kicked out, masks were adjusted and sanitization stunk the entire room. but, it was peaceful.

the snow was falling nicely, not with an intense wind. your arm wrapped around daveed's bicep, he kept you close. you were parked in the teachers parking lot so it was a small walk, most people had left by then so you both could walk in the middle of the road.

"y'know..." daveed's voice made you look at him, he was already looking at you. "you're perfect." his voice was low but deep, he wanted impact but only for you.

"daveed, stop..." you leaned into him and caught a smile.

"no really," he took one hand and spun you around slowly, "i mean- just look at you..." his eyes raked your frame, even through the layers of scarfs and trench coats you felt him undressing you with that warm stare.

"daveed, this is too much..." your gloved hands covered your face.

"nuh-uh, there will be no hiding, lady." he gently took your wrists and peeled them away, "no hiding."

"no hiding." you whispered.

he stepped closer, he studied you. "your face, it reminds me of the night sky." his hand cupped your cheek, "i could stare for hours and somehow never get bored, i'd find something new to remember all the time."

"my god," you exhaled and tried to crumple to the floor, the amount of attention was jarring and new.

"and your eyes, they light up like a match that was just flicked on the side of the box. i can see the fire you hold in you, you just need a little push to light up my world."

all you could do was stare at him, his smile was like before but he didn't seemed proud, you knew he was, the admiration was there but in a different way. there was love, and a little lust.

snow flakes were gathering on his beard and hair, you just knew it was the same for your head. his nose was a little pink, but it was muted.

"you're my person, sunshine." he stepped closer, one hand wrapped around your waist and the other cupped your cheek. in one swift motion you were dipped back and felt his lips on yours. they were chapped and you were starting to lose feeling in your toes but the second you connected, the fire he was talking about ran through your body.

he didn't want to pull away, his lips lingered on yours before your foreheads touched. his smile was wide again, with teeth. he quickly planted another on your lips before pulled away.

"let's make snow angels." you whispered and looked deep into his eyes.

"i fucking love you-" he fell on the parking lot and so did you, your hands held one another's while you laughed and created the angels.

your eyes never left each other's, his laugh was over powering your but you loved it. some snow landed on your tongue because your mouth was wide with a smile and let all the giggles out.

he rolled over and landed on top of you, you could feel his stomach jump with every laugh.

"you're gonna ruin your angel!" you laughed.

"are you okay?" he asked.

"ya, why?" you giggled at the weird question.

"then my angel is perfect." he whispered before sealing his lips on yours again.

~~

DAVEED'S POV

we got home and y/n was pretty tired so she headed to bed with the dogs, i wanted some tea and to watch the highlights before joining her.

as the kettle finished i poured a little cup and dunked my bag, my phone went off but i didn't care. i didn't need the school contacting me or a student needing help right now, i was high on love. i could feel my heart beat through my chest when i though if y/n.

"i'm gonna marry her someday..." i chuckled and flopped on the couch, the warriors won but i wanted to see what was going down. i was glad basketball was somewhat back, i missed it; and oakland.

i ended up checking my phone, it was from rafael.

cash: attached: 1 image

i opened it to see a slightly blurry picture of our snow angel making, right before i rolled on her. though the quality was terrible, i could see her smile crystal clear.