22- Ice slide

He was struggling.

All Might seemed to be at his limit, and the strange creature just kept going. From his vantage point Kei could hear a little further, and picked up the sound of more people approaching. He listened closer- there were two of them, and they were students. It must have been Bakugo and the other student, Kirishima from the sound of it, who he had yet to account for at the platform by the doors.

It didn't take long for Kei to realise they were preparing an attack, Bakugo seemed very riled up, and from the sound of it Izuku was worried about All Might too. A few seconds later, and three students launched into action, when All Might was suddenly overpowered by the villain. The first attack to land was Todoroki's, a jet of ice freezing the villain in place. Bakugo leapt towards the portal villain, and Izuku ran forward to join Todoroki against the larger villain.

Kirishima stepped in to help Bakugo, and the two of them seemed to be doing well against the portal villain, so Kei tried to figure out how to help against the newly frozen to the ground villain, while still watching the action from far above. All Might pried the villains hand off of him, the limb snapping off the creatures arm entirely, only to regrow a moment later. The villain broke free from the ice and lunged towards Izuku, who dodged with powered up legs. Todoroki attempted to freeze the villain again, but only succeeded in drawing its attention away from Izuku, and towards himself. Kei felt frozen in place as he heard the creature turn to Todoroki, clearly identifying him as the highest threat at that moment.

Kei literally leaped into action, jumping over the barrier yet again, and falling straight down to the plaza. This time, he didn't attempt to slow his fall until the last second, compressing one large area of air with his quirk and his own weight, then using it to throw himself towards the villain, just as the creature started sprinting at Todoroki, his fist already swinging. Kei was desperate to reach him in time, All Might and Izuku were too far now, and Todoroki would surely be badly injured by a villain who had a good chance of defeating All Might.

Kei reached his arms out, forcing himself to move faster, ignoring the blood already dripping from his own ears and nose. He moved closer and closer to Todoroki, time moving slowly as he felt the movement of the villain just to his left. Finally, his arms closed around Todoroki, who hadn't had a chance to move. He grabbed the taller boy, pushing him forwards and out of the path of the villains fist, and barely dodging the hit himself. The two tumbled to the floor together, rolling across the rough ground.

Kei barely had the energy to push himself up, so lay on the floor, still panting, hardly noticing the blood that had now dripped all the way down his jaw and chin, knowing that the villain still stood not far from them, but not being able to do anything. He heard Todoroki move beside him, and a crunching sound, before the noise of the villains moving was muffled. The air was suddenly cool, and Kei realised Todoroki had created a wall of ice to protect them. He let a deep breath out, letting his head fall back to the concrete for a moment.

"Kei, are you alright? You just... I..." Todoroki was lost for words. One second a fist had been coming straight towards his face, and he was frozen in fear, and the next Kei's arms were clutched around him, pulling him aside and saving his life.

"I'm okay, I just need a second..." Kei breathed.

"You sure? You're bleeding quite a lot," he asked, worried. He leant forward, using his sleeve to wipe away the blood that coated Kei's face. Todoroki looked closely at Kei's face, watching as he exhaled deeply, his eyes closed as he tried to get a moment to breath. He could see a few scars peeking out from Kei's hair, but didn't make any move to investigate, he'd decided already to leave Kei alone, he'd tell him what it was if he needed to know. Todoroki had already seen several of Kei's scars, not just the ones on his forehead but also the burn scars and lacerations stretching up his torso, despite Kei's best efforts to hide them while he was changing.