Reputation - Part 2

Dathomir was as she had left it, a red, misty swampland, full of hidden secrets and the underground village of her sisters was as she remembered. Zaiya was quite a bit taller than when she had left, she was so different, and yet everyone here was still the same. Her sisters greeted her warmly, many appearing from the trees as she landed, their suspicion becoming excitement once they recognised her. She was unused to such attention, at least not from her sisters. She was used to being something of an outsider.

Her mother was also so happy to see her, she looked so relieved, though Zaiya still had some questions. Though Mother Talzin insisted that the girl needed to train immediately. Though whereas before she would ignore her mother in favour of Talzin, she lingered a little longer, realising how there were so few that knew her so deeply.

"My darling daughter... you have grown so much, your body yes, but spirit and mind too!" Zaiya nodded.

"I have met many in my travels and learned much." She explained as they walked toward the village. "One of them... a Mandalorian."

Tailli stopped walking, frozen in place as she looked up at her daughter that had now become taller than she. "Mandalorian?" She breathed.

"Yes. Sheena said my father was one as she left." Zaiya replied casually, though she felt angry inside. Why didn't her mother tell her? What did this mean for her magic? Was she weaker because of the diluted blood? Why was she not allowed to know her father? Not only that... but no one had mentioned Savage or Feral the entire time she had been home... granted it was only a short time but-- oh... It must have meant they had been moved to the male village already. That meant that she was forbidden to see them unless she were choosing a mate. Would she be able to see them? She had to, she promised them, she just... couldn't tell Mother Talzin. So many thoughts in her head, one then another all swirling together.

"That... was not Sheena's place to tell you." Tailli's voice snapped the gil back to the present.

"Perhaps. But you never did. Not even when you knew I was leaving." Zaiya remarked bluntly.

"I--"

"Were you ever going to tell me?" She snapped, her anger getting the better of her.

"Of course! I just... never found the right time. "

"The last time we spoke? Or... perhaps any time before that?" The teen was struggling to control her emotions, was her mother always going to coddle her? Did she have no faith in her? Did her own mother think her so weak?! Tailli hung her head, looking toward the ground, was it because she knew she was wrong?

--

The Nightsister looked at her daughter, feeling helpless, could she really explain everything? Would she listen? She had always been so strong-willed, so determined... and ever since Talzin had begun her training, Zaiya had become more guarded against her own mother. Did she not see her obsession with returning that boy was dangerous? That Talzin was feeding in to her desire for her own benefit and not Zaiya's? Did she not see her mother just wished to protect her?

It was moments like these that she missed Zaiya's father. He always seemed to know what to do. What to say. What would he tell their daughter were he here? Would she listen to him?

"It's... hard to talk about..." She admitted, pain flaring in her chest. She looked at her daughter's accusing blue eyes, the was taller than Tailli now, so looked down at her with a hard stare. "I am not as strong as you are, my daughter..." This statement gave the teenager pause as they stopped, stepping into the shadows of one of the buildings near them. "I know I ought to tell you about him... but I just... I just can't talk about it so easily. It's painful."