Chapter 18: UA Sports Festival

ابدأ من البداية

I look back to see who is all is behind me and I see that Izuku isn't actually at a bad distance from me. It actually looks like he's trying to catch me.

Turning back, I speed up some more just as I see a sign signaling that a mine field is up ahead. And if that wasn't conformation enough, Todoroki and Katsuki hopping and prancing around was certainly more entertaining to see. The closer I get, I'm finally able to see why for myself. Whoever created this damn course sure did put a lot of mines out here.

Soon I'm joining the guys in dodging around the mines, the only difference is that I'm a lot faster. So I'm caught up with them in no time.

Cat like flexibility is a gift from the gods I swear.

The moment they see me pushing farther ahead than them, they both begin speeding up causing us all to be neck in neck with each other. Well, that is until we all hear an explosion go off and suddenly see Izuku being blasted forward on a scrap piece of metal from behind, quickly pulling ahead of the three of us.

If that isn't enough, the first mine Izuku used to blast himself forward triggered the rest along the way causing a ripple effect. So at this point Todoroki, Katsuki, and I are racing on top of each other while avoiding the mines ahead and trying our best to not be blasted by the mines behind.

I couldn't even freeze Izuku in place if I wanted because of all of the damn dirt and smoke flying around. I can't even see anyone at this point.

Fuck this.

I enhance my speed and rush forward, praying that my other senses can help me pull through and that I won't blow myself up on a landmine during the process.

With my luck I'm able to finish second behind Izuku who managed to win first, leaving Shoto to come in third, and Katsuki in fourth.

Ooooh I know the pomeranian is pissed.

The next event is the calvary battle and I have an awesome idea about what to do. After they explain the rules and tell us that we have 15 minutes to get our teams together, I immediately look for the one of the only people I trust with my life.

"Ky! Bring your ass on over here. Were making it to the final rounds together. Just the two of us."

"Ai! Let's kick some ass. I take it you already have a plan?"

"Of course I do. In a calvary battle, it's all about strength and mobility right?"

"Right."

"Since it'll be just the two of us we won't necessarily have the strength of a calvary, but we'll have plenty mobility. So here's what were gonna do..."

===================================

Panting in my lioness form with Kyoka on my back with multiple headbands in her hand, the final scores for the calvary battle is announced by rider: Team Todoroki finished in first, Bakugo in second, Jiro in third, Shinso in fourth, and Midoriya in fifth.

Next up on the order of events is the one on one battles and for the first round it's Izuku vs Shinso

I watch from the stands along with my classmates as the match plays out. Turns out Izuku didn't listen to Ojiro's advice after all because he ended up losing his cool and allowed himself to get brainwashed like he said he would.

Now Shinso has him walking himself of out of the ring. But for some reason, he stops right before he crosses over the edge. And I can speak for everyone else when I say that this catches everyone off guard. Especially Shinso.

Somehow Izuku is able to use his quirk to release himself from Shinso's brainwashing and charges straight for him.

My, oh my, how the tables have turned. The guy should've been prepared for something like this. Compared to Izuku, he doesn't really look like much of a fighter. If he wants to get into the hero course as he claims, then that most definitely needs to change.