9

Sorry, this chapter took so long. I just got a restock on adderall today, so I should post more. No promises though. I'm definelty going to continue writing in 3rd person, it's a lot easier.

The Ginger man woke up to the sound of a siren.
Specifically a Police siren. It was soon followed by the sound of an ambulence as well as a firetruck, and he was obviously not the only person on the block who was curious.

Multiple other people stuck their head out of their windows, their hair messy and their eyes tired.

The putrid scent of smoke filled the cool night air.
A blue haired man stirred behind Pico, rubbing his eyes.

"Wassa matter?" Keith yawned.

"Not sure, but I think someones house is burning down." He stuck his head further out the window, and sure enough, a nearby apartment was burning. Firefighters helped people out, going back for others and trying to put out the spreadinf fire.

A police man was cuffing a young black man, who wore a purple and yellow shirt and jeans. He could only make out the police officers words.

"I'm afraid your going to have to go to court, Darnell."

The man, supposedly known as Darnell, complained.

"No, I can't let you off with a warning again. I shouldn't have let you off the first time, and you arent taking the warnings seriously."

Darnell pointed something out.

The police officer sighed. "Fine." He undid the handcuffs. "Don't let me see you doing this again, or itll be straight to jail, no questions asked."

The man cheered for a moment of victory, and ran off into an alley.

"Well that was unprofessional." Keith muttered behind Pico, causing him to jump.

"Shit-" He pulled his head out of the window to look at the boy behind him. "Dont sneak up on me like that!"

"Did you forget I was here?"

"Yes."

"Oh." He said quickly. "Do you know who he is?"

"Who, the cop?"

"The dude who just ran off."

Pico went pale, hesititaing. "Yeah. He hasn't changed much, has he?"

"I didn't know him."

"Oh, right."

"You're," He was interrupted by a yawn. "Kinda stupid." He put his head on his shoulder, closing his eyes. "You know?"

Pico put his arm around Keith's shoulder, unsure. "I guess, but so are you."
"I know."

They stood there for a while. The sirens soon faded into the distance and Keith fell asleep in Pico's arm.

Pico sighed, thinking to himself.

It was strange how fast things could change. Just days ago he was running for his life, now he was back with some of his friends.

A sense of calm washed over him. He would stay here forever if it meant he could feel this calm.

The night sky faded into a beautiful red as the sun rose over the street, shining over the damp roads and waking the birds.

The city began to rise, and Pico's legs were aching and tired, having stood there for hours not wanting to wake Keith, of whom was lightly snoring.
Steps hits the stairs, and Nene came into the room.

"Hey Pico."

Pico stood at still as he could, still gazing out the window.

"Alright then, Ignore me.".

"Shh." He whispered. "You'll wake him up."

"How long have you been standing there?"

Again, Pico didn't answer.
"Nevermind." She went into the kitchen to make coffee.

"Nevermind my ass." Pico grumbled. Nene would be back in a minute to pester him more. Still, he shouldn't get to mad at her, because she could kick him out any moment, and he'd be on the run again. It had only been a week since he'd decided (been forced) to stay with Nene, but he wasn't willing to go back to what was his normal.

In short, he had gone soft. He'd wished he hadn't. He didn't like being vulnerable.

Pico shook his head, bringing his eyes back into focus. Keith groaned next to him, stretching.

"Good mornin' Pico." He said softly.

"Good morning." He looked over at the short man in his arm, his face warm. "You tired?"

"I need coffee."

"You don't like coffee."

"Right."

"I'll walk to to store and get an energy drink for you."

"Can I come with?"

"You might as well just go by yourself then."

"Nah, you should come with me."

Picos heart skipped a beat. "Really?"

"I don't want to go alone, and I don't think Nene would want to go with me."

"Alright then."