6

Sorry for not posting! I've been low on ideas and motivation. I finally got this done though, and I know where I'm going with the story.

-+Keith's PoV Again+-

Nene struggled with here keys, trying each one to unlock the door, mumbling under her breath. "Welcome to my 'humble' abode." She kicked open the door. "Ignore the mess. Or don't. Just dont complain about it." She held her knife up like a treasured teddy bear.

The house was small. In the living room was a ripped, brown couch that was just bigger than a love seat. Coats were tossed carelessly on the side of it.

Blankets and pillows covered the floor like a failed fort. A few blood stains were scattered on mixed surfaces, and there were knives stuck into the baby blue accent wall.

"Beats sleeping in a warehouse, that's for sure." Pico said. "Only for the day though."

Nene asked the question we were all wondering. "What are you running from anyways?"

"Doesnt matter."

"Oh come on, yes it does. You've been running for years. You always looked into the faced of danger, and punched it in the face. You literally played russian roulette against the 'perfect' kids, and fought a bear! What the fuck are you running from?"

Pico stared at her. He didn't speak.

"I'm the coward! I run from my problems! I always try and take the easy way out!" She continued
Pico sighed at her. "Fine. Do you really want to know?"

"Well fucking duh! I literally just delivered a fucking speech, of course I do!"

These people were dramatic.

"Alright then. Didn't say I didnt warn you."

"But you didn't warn me."

"That's besides the point. Do you know-"

"The muffin man?"

"The muffin man? Seriously?

"Yes."

"Anyways, do you remember seventh grade?"

"Well duh-"

"Alright. Remember the girl that sat next to me?"

"Cassandra? You're really afraid of her?"

"Shes a literal demon, Nene!"

"Demons arent that bad. They protect things."

"My girlfriend is a demon." I piped in.
"Aren't you going through relationship problems?" Pico shut my point down. "And what do you mean by 'demons protect things'? Last I checked all they did was destroy things."

"They prevent destruction. Why do you think the world isnt destroyed by more powerful beings? Do your research."

"I dont know, powerful beings have better shit to do than kill of humanity?"

"Trust me, if we didnt have demons, we'd be long extinct. Especially huge cities like this. With a resident demon family, this is probably the most safe you can get."

Pico stared her down.
"Maybe you should trust her, she sounds like shes knows her shit."

"I didnt know you could swear, bluebird. Thought you were too soft." Nene laughed.

"Who says I'm soft?"

"I don't know. You just... are."

-+That Night, Pico's PoV+-

I needed to get out of here. I'd only been here for a day, and I was already on edge. I'd just let Kieth stay. He'd be fine with Nene.

We werent even really friends anyways. I'd known him for a day and a half.

The stairs were creaky, so I stepped on the bottom of the banister. It wasnt safe, but it was quiet.
Maybe I'd come back sometime.

The door creaked open, the cold night air blowed in my face.

A loud noise came from the kitchen, and I turned around.

Keith's phone was glowing, lighting up the kitchen.
It was buzzing on the counter. He must've had it on no sound.

I couldnt help but check it out.

It was a silver alert. A missing adult near here.
Blue hair, below average height, pale and rosy skin, and dangerous.

Well, Keith fit that description. Not the dangerous part, but everything else.

I set down the phone, and went out the door.

Best to cut off relations early. It's less painful that way.

-+No ones PoV+-

The ginger man was walking through the alleyways, his hands in his pockets, just in case.

A low, handsome laugh came from the shadows.

"Why hello there, young man. What's a fine fellow like yourself doing out so late, all alone?"

Pico turned around with a start, his gun already out of his pocket. "Come out and show yourself."

The voice laughed again. "If you insist." One black foot stepped out of the shadows, then another.

An incredibly tall figure towered over him. Its huge eyes were bright pink and bloodshot. The teeth were bloodstained, as well as on the outside of his wide grin. Its neck was scraped raw, and its head, get this, was a lemon. "I suppose it's only fair to let the meal have its last words?"

Pico froze up as the creature came closer, extending its arm toward him as its wicked smile stretched up the sides of its head.

Last second, he fired his gun into its yellow face. A black, tar-like liquid sprayed on his arm, and the demon let out an unholy screech before slithering back into the shadows.

He was left there, frozen. He tried to wipe the gunk off of his arm, but apparently this stuff stains.

That's a problem for tomorrow though.

His heart was pounding in his chest when he heard another voice.

"What are you doing out here?"

Pico turned around again, and was faced with Keith.

"I could ask you the same thing." Pico snapped.

"I followed you."

"You didnt see the..."

"See what?"

"Nothing. It doesnt matter."

Sorry it's so short.
Also, I thought Nene was pronounced neen, not