Chapter 31

Fionas POV:

A few days later I was once again passed out in bed after a long night out at an event for a startup when the ringing of my doorbell woke me up. I got up astonishingly fast and made my way to the door in nothing but my panties and the top I wore yesterday night. I assumed it was just the postman and I couldn't care less what he thought of me.

I opened the door and just as I got a glimpse of who was standing in my doorway, a nauseous feeling overcame me and I sprinted to the bathroom just in time to throw up into the toilet. I had possibly gone a bit overboard with the alcohol last night and now my body was redeeming itself.

"Fiona... Fiona, are you alright?"

"I'm fine." This was not the way I expected to welcome Lando into my new apartment - and essentially my new life.

I had closed the bathroom door behind me, and Lando respectfully stayed outside, not knowing if I wanted him to come in.

As I flushed the toilet ,washed my face in the sink and rinsed my mouth, I thought about how chaotic the apartment looked. Fortunately it wasn't too bad since Charlotte had only left a few days ago, and while she was here I had kept it really tidy. 

I quickly walked out of the bathroom, past Lando, who was leaning on the doorframe with a worried look on his face, and I started picking up clothes from the floor and other stuff that was just laying around, while my mind was trying to make sense of the situation.

Why was Lando here? Why didn't he tell me he would come? Was he trying to catch me by surprise on purpose? 

I was hectically running through the apartment while trying to put on pants and and change the sweaty top from last night into a hoodie.

In the meantime Lando had placed his bag in my hallway, closed the apartment door and had taken off his shoes.

"Aren't you going to say hello?" he asked standing in the middle of my living room, looking around at how I had decorated the place.

Right!

I walked up to him and he opened his arms to put them around my shoulders. I wrapped mine around his upper body. Only now I realized how much I had missed him, missed this. Right there and then I remembered the time I woke up with a stranger next to me in my bad. I wanted to tell Lando immediately. I felt guilty hugging him without him knowing what I had possibly done. 

My heart started racing really fast, could have also been from the coke I tried yesterday for the first time. Terrible decision. The timing couldn't have been any worse. Had I only known Lando was going to be here today. I would have done things a lot different.

Lando was still holding me so I lifted my head from his chest so I could look him in the eyes. 

"I've missed you" he said before pressing his lips against mine.

"You want some tea?" I asked him as we let go of each other again. I would have offered him something else but I had nothing at home. 

"Always" he said.

As I was waiting for the water to boil I took two cups from the cupboard and placed a teabag in each. 

Lando had made himself at home on the couch and I joined him handing him his cup filled to the brim with hot tea.

I sat down on the opposite side of the couch far from him. I had to find the right moment to tell him about my mishap.

"How long can you stay?" I asked him. Probably not the best first question to ask but my mind was occupied trying to figure out how to tell him about the stranger in my bed.