Chapter 18

Landos POV:

I was woken up by my alarm at 7.30 sharp. I looked at my phone - Saturday 31st of July - that meant today was FP3 and then Quali. 

I looked to my left, expecting to see Fiona, but she wasn't there so I turned my head to the right. There she was standing outside on the balcony, still only wearing the shirt I gave her. Her hair in a messy bun, she was looking into the distance, both arms rested on the railing, in her right hand a cigarette. Smoking again? I thought to myself. 

I overcame the desire to stay in bed a little longer and went outside to join her on the balcony. As I stepped outside I felt a breeze of fresh air, it was slightly too cold for me, who was only wearing  boxers and nothing else to keep me warm. 

I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and rested my head on her shoulder.  

"What's the occasion?" I asked, referring to her smoking. 

"Just trying to relief some stress" she said plainly. 

"You know, there is something else we could do to relief some stress." I said enticingly and started kissing her neck.     

"You've slept through all of your alarms except the last one, shouldn't you be in a hurry." she said bit by bit, getting distracted by my kisses, almost not finishing her sentence and breathing heavier with each kiss.

"I still ... have ... some ... time" I retorted between each kiss. 

She turned around in the tight space between me and the railing, now facing me. I wasn't kissing her neck anymore and we stared into each others eyes before "show me what you've got, Norris" left her mouth.

I grabbed her legs while she wrapped her arms around my neck so could carry her back inside to the bed. I lightly dropped her on to the bed and made my way on top of her, the rest is left unsaid. 

Fionas POV: 

I stayed on the bed for a little longer, taking in what had just happened and catching my breath, while watching Lando get ready.

He wasn't late yet but time was certainly running out. I got up too and started putting on my clothes from yesterday.

He both made it out the door of his hotel room at 8.16, at the same time Daniel got out of his room, which was just down the hall. The three of us made our way to the elevator. While making small-talk with Daniel, Lando's and my eyes met many times. Him cheekily looking at me forced a giggle out of me every time. I'm pretty sure Daniel new exactly what was going on.

We split ways and I went to my hotel to get changed and take a shower and the boys made their way to the track.

After my shower, it took me a long time to figure out what I was going to wear. I still had a lot of time because I only promised to be there by 11.30 to wish Lando luck before FP3, so I sat down in my bed and went into my phone. 

A few messages from Margo asking what was up because I hadn't answered her since I arrived at Landos hotel room yesterday. I decided to send her two voice messages. One about the University situation and another about Lando. While already recording the second one, I debated if I should tell her Lando and I slept together since she advised me against it, but my words beat me to it and I spilled the news. 

Just when I finished recording, another message reached my phone and made it vibrate. This time it was from Lando.

Lando: Daniel knows... I'm sorry he was bugging and asking so many questions. 

Fiona: It's alright, I think he already knew after being in the elevator with us two.

I texted back immediately and then decided to add another text because I started overthinking.

Fiona: It's not a secret, is it?

Lando: It's whatever you want it to be. 

Fiona: Well considering my family thinks I'm only visiting Budapest with Margo and don't know I'm at the GP, secret seem fine for now. Also makes it more exciting ;)

Lando didn't answer after that, it wasn't unlikely that he was just busy.

I stood up and went to the closet. I decided on a jean overall from Dickies with my favorite white graphic tee under, which said "but what about my reputation?" in black letters.

I put all of my things in to the black Balenciaga mini city bag, that I bought with the first money I had ever earned a few years ago and left my hotel room at 11. I loved my outfit and I was feeling great. Lando was right, his way of reducing stress was better than a cigarette. I didn't even have the desire to light one on my way to the paddock, all I wanted was to get there as fast as I could, to see him.