Chapter 7

On this sunday i woke up five minutes before my alarm was about to go off. I felt refreshed and energized. Without spending any unnecessary time laying in bed I got up straight away and went into the bathroom and took a shower. While i was brushing my teeth I picked out an outfit. I tried on different combinations and was struggling to make a decision so i just decided to do my makeup first. 

Instead of the usual 10 second routine where i just put on mascara and called it a day, I decided to do a bit more today. I put on blush, applied light brown eyeshadow to my eyelids, curled my lashed and lastly put on mascara. It still wasn't that much, but it felt perfect. 

Back in my bedroom I still had to figure out what i was going to wear. Finally I decided on this amazing one-piece jumpsuit. It was made out of dark green velvet with short sleeves and the pants slightly flared at the bottom. It was hugging my body in just the right places. Although sadly I had to admit I didn't make this one myself, it was one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe. It gave me the perfect spaceship vibe but it also kind of matched the vibe of a race suit in some way.

I picked up my bag that was still on the floor from yesterday. It was still packed so I just had to put my phone into it and leave my hotel room to get my dad from his room for breakfast.

The breakfast buffet was amazing but I did't get to try everything because I was busy updating Margo on everything that had happened yesterday. Unlike my dad i told her every single thing and she just told me to enjoy the race and wait and see what Lando wanted to talk to me about and then go from there. Her advice was great but that meant i had to wait until at least until 4pm when the race was over.

I spent the whole morning with my dad walking around the village our hotel was in, we then had lunch at the McLaren hospitality - where I hoped to see Lando to wish him luck for the race or at least share a knowing smile from the distance because he was very busy preparing for the race, but there was no trace of him. After lunch my dad and I walked around the place a bit more and then decided to sit in the sun until the race started.

Minutes before the start I saw Lando from above getting into his car. I saw him raise his hand. Did he wave at me? He couldn't possibly see me from this distance or maybe it was meant for someone else. 

Lando was starting P4 and infront of him Verstappen, Hamilton and Bottas. 

AND IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO!! Lando managed to hold his positon for most of the race until no other than Pierre Gasly overtook him. He remained in P5 for a few laps until he was able to get Pierre back when the unimaginable happened... 

With Verstappen leading the race Hamilton and Bottas suddenly crashed right infront of Lando. He managed to get by without getting drawn into the accident and with Hamilton and Bottas unable to return to the grid, Lando was in P2. He was already happy with the result and since it looked like he had no chance to catch up to Verstappen he just focused on defending possible overtakes. It was the last lap and Lando was already celebrating his podium when - as luck would have it - out of nowhere Verstappens tyre exploded. He lost his pace and Lando was able to overtake him just seconds before the finish line. 

"AND THAT IS LANDO NORRIS' FIRST WIN IN FORMULA ONE! HE HAS WON THE AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX! FIRST PODIUM HERE AND NOW HIS FIRST EVER WIN. GREAT JOB" I heard through the speakers above me. I was smiling the brightest smile. He really did it. His first win. I couldn't imagine how amazing he must feel right now.

As the podium celebrations were over I went to go to the toilet and somehow got lost in the hallways of the hospitality when I saw him on the other side of the hallway. I froze. He looked like the was full of adrenaline and as he was running up to me he was screaming: I won! I won Fiona!" He was really fast and it seemed like he was about to run me over but he abruptly stopped right in front of me, grabbed my face with both hand and kissed me. 

My heart stopped, he smelled like gasoline and sweat but his smell wasn't repelling it was kind of hot. He pulled away and with his hands still holding my face he started talking very fast: "I'm sorry, I wanted to do this yesterday but i couldn't find the courage and then I was overthinking it and didn't know what to say, I wanted to tell you today, I didn't think I would do this right now like this, I didn't expect to see you here. I'm sorry I smell like shit, I shouldn't have just kissed you, I don't even know if you wanted me to kiss you"

I was still in shock. A positive shock. This was a surprise. He stared into my eyes with a worrying look on his face waiting for me to say something. 

"Relax! Congratulations on your win! I think the adrenaline took over your brain" I said teasing him with a big smile on my face. He was still looking at me unsure if I reciprocated his sudden expression of attraction. 

Still holding my face he looked at my lips and back into my eyes. "Can I?"

Staring into his beautiful blue eyes I smiled and gave him a nod.

This second kiss swept me off my feet even more than the first one. I noticed how soft his lips were and the way he kissed me was different then all the times before any boy had kissed me.