Practice Makes Pefect

Start from the beginning

Luna glared at her but softened her gaze and sighed, "There is..."

"At any rate," Tanya continued, "We need to figure out what our next move is."

"I'd like to take Kiba to the research station that Malcolm's established. But I don't want him to be distracted from the tournament, so I'll leave that alone until it's over."

"And what about that bounty hunters?" Tanya asked, "I know we don't have confirmation from Sally, but I'm confident enough to say that it's definitely them."

"I'd like nothing more than to hunt them down and drag them into an interrogation room," Luna admitted, "But I have no idea where they are, and running out blindly would do little good. If anything, it would leave Kiba with less protection. So I'll stay here for now and help keep an eye on things."

Tanya crossed her arms, "And if they show their faces?"

"We take them down first and ask questions later," Luna answered.

"Alright then," Tanya grunted as she stretched.

You turned to creep back to your room when you bumped into Annika. You nearly yelped in surprise when she covered your mouth and put a finger to her snout in a shushing gesture.

She then motioned for you to follow her upstairs. She led you into her room where she closed the door behind you. Hunter was already there when you walked in.

"So," Annika said as she walked around you, "Hunter was telling me about what happened today before Aunt Tanya and I showed up."

"Bounty hunters," You sighed, "Looks like I'm not quite as safe as we thought I was."

"Listen," Hunter said as he stood up and walked over, "Annika and I have been talking about what happened today. We decided that from now on it'd be a good idea for us to stick closer to you."

"Um... Why?" You asked.

"To keep you safe," Annika replied.

You looked between the two before realizing that they were completely serious, "You guys really don't have to do that."

Hunter shrugged, "We know we don't have to."

"This is something we want to do," Annika added.

"I don't know if I want you guys doing this," You replied, "I mean, you guys are separated from the rest of your family because of getting involved with me. And you could get hurt if you get in the way of the people trying to get me."

Hunter rolled his eyes, "Okay, first of all; this isn't up for debate. It's happening, deal with it."

Annika then walked over and placed a hand on your shoulder, "And we got involved all on our own, remember? It was our choice to seek you out. And we chose to come with you when you had to be moved here."

"Lastly," Hunter continued, "You are family to us. We could never abandon you."

"We've become used to seeing each other. We're a part of each other's lives, we dn't want to see anything happen to you."

You were touched, and considered yourself fortunate to have ended up with who you did. But you still couldn't help but feel that allowing them to stick by your side would make them targets. You didn't want that.

Seeming to pick up on your feelings Annika gave you a pointed glare, "And don't think that you can force us to sit on the sidelines. After all, if one of us were in your position, would you be able to idly sit by and do nothing?"