Prologue: An Opportunity

Cui Hua Mountain was located at the intersection between Huzhou Commandery and the East Sea Commandery in Jingji Haizhou prefecture. It was 80 miles southwest away from Jing Capital. The mountain stretched far, multiple small streams flowed through it and its peak stood proud and tall. The trees grew tall and the leaves provided shade. It was like spring all year round, and flora bloomed even in the harsh winter. The forest was home to a wide range of fauna and there was plenty of life in the streams as well. Every 500 years, Goddess of the Moon, Changxi, Shenzong of Kunlun, Jiangyu of Teal Hill, as well as Chidi of Mount Da Huang, all came to Cui Hua Mountain to fulfill the promise they made.

A small curvy path on the mountain broke through the clouds and mist. Shenzong strolled along it. The land might look bizarre, but it was a totally different world above the stairs of the clouds. A peaceful lake that was always covered in snow had gathered divine flying creatures from all around because of the arrival of Shenzong. In order to take advantage of the peace and quietness here, Shenzong would set up a connection between the worlds at the bottom of the lake and wait for his old friend over a cup of tea. However, on this day, he had yet to catch a glimpse of centenarian Changxi when the time came.

"Mei An, go get some Fengshan Maojian tea! Changxi is very picky."

"Yes!"

Mei An retrieved some tea leaves from the void. The small bunch of tea leaves gave off an enriching aroma; the Spirit Power of divine flying creatures outside of the connection increased tremendously. Mei An pointed her spiritual finger and the alarmed creatures flew way. Shenzong frowned.

"Go and check the peak quickly, Changxi could have already reached the peak."

"Yes!"

Mei An went away.

"Brother Shenzong, sister Changxi could have already forgotten about us. See, the sky is beginning to darken."

Jiangyu, who was playing with chess, joked around. He wanted to see his junior sister too. He wondered if the Goddess of the Moon, Changxi, who was in charge of the Fairy World, had ever thought about him. Among all the brothers and sisters in the realm, the Goddess of the Moon were everyone's favorite. This applied to the Big Brother Kunlun as well.

"Brother Jiang, Teal Hill and the wolf tribe are often fighting against each other. Is Teal Hill not afraid of the war endangering the country and its people?"

"Big Brother, I'm afraid there is someone ordering the wolf tribe. They seem to gain an early advantage during each fight. Also, this person seems to know me very well."

"Oh! Could there be a spy in Teal Hill?"

"I do not know, I have to check upon returning."

"Mentor, the Goddess of the Moon is at Cui Hua Mountain's Xiaoyao Grotto-heaven. She said that she had picked a herb that could suck one's soul."

Mei An's eyes were deep with meaning and the corners of her mouth lifted up. As of now, she only had to direct Shenzong and Jiangyu into Xiaoyao Grotto-heaven. The starving spirits would then start to devour on these divine spirits like vultures. Then, Chidi would be able to devour those spirits. Mei An was calculating as she lowered her head.

"Seems like our younger brother has to move to Xiaoyao Grotto-heaven."

Jiangyu's hand that was holding onto a chess piece had a sudden surge in Spirit Power. With a "whoosh", the black chess piece flew into a rock, causing a dent. Shenzong looked at his junior and shook his head. Jiangyu was blaming Mei An for disturbing his peace. The duo left the connection and headed for Xiaoyao Grotto-heaven. Gazing at the far-away Shenzong, Mei An started to evolve. When she stretched out her golden feathers, she became a phoenix. Shenzong did not know that the kid Mei An had already been eaten up by this phoenix. He was too preoccupied with his thoughts about the Goddess of the Moon and was careless, letting this cultivating baby take advantage of the situation.