"Holy moly this is huge your baby is going to be spoiled".

I smile at Jane, "My son or daughter will only get what it's entitled to as a prince or princess. I'm sure a family as rich as yours had a similar setup for your children when they were growing up".

"I grew up with a nanny but this is another level. There was no kitchen in the nursery".

"That's because your parents have a chef's kitchen as well as the main one babe". Eva looks sheepish then smiles.

"You have to let me and your father pay for this place to be redone as a present for our grandchild".
Jane suddenly looks serious, "Your father and I won't be seeing you as often as we're now. Please let us leave something behind for our grandchild to remember us by".

I was touched by her words I look at Eva. She was crying, "Of course you can pay for it mum that's if William doesn't mind".

"I will be honoured to have this gift from you and your husband. We will try to see you guys as often as we can".

She takes my hand and squeezes it, "I'm realistic I know as time goes on we won't see you guys as much. I appreciate you saying that anyway".

I feel sad because the truth is she was right the crown always came first. I look at Eva and I could tell by her facial expression she was thinking the same thing.

"Why don't we go back into the living room the drinks should be ready by now. We can discuss colours and cribs".

"Yes we should get back", Eva look sadly at me as she speaks.

We walk back to the living room and Eva sits by me and Jane sits on the sofa opposite us. "I can't believe this time next year I'm going to have two grandchildren".

Jerome comes in with a tray and put it down on the coffee table", "Thank you we'll serve ourselves". He bows and leaves the room.

Jane continues speaking, "Both my daughter's are now married women with a child on the way".

Eva smiles at her mother , "I'm happy Faith got her happiness she does genuinely seem to like Giovanni and he does seem to like her".

Jane chuckles, "It's clear for all to see they love each other and thank god we know Giovanni is a good man. I never have to wonder if he will raise his hand to my baby girl. And he's rich so he doesn't need to marry her for her inheritance".

"Ironically he's the one who gave her an inheritance. Her princess title and the palace his family has own for centuries in Italy".

Eva start pouring the mango tango drink for all of us. We then each take a glass and drink some of the liquid. It really was delicious and refreshing.

"I was thinking maybe a neutral colour for the nursery what do you guys think?"

Both women look at each other then share a look, "What colours were you thinking for the nursery William?"

"I was thinking a nice light green colour maybe sage actually I saw this picture of a nursery in a magazine. I absolutely love let me go and get it and show you guys".

I leave and go to my study and get the design magazine from my desk and yes I secretly love looking at interior magazines. I think in another life I was an interior designer.

I walk back into the living room to see Eva and her mother huddled together on the sectional looking at her iPad.

I just observe them for a moment I'm so happy to see Eva excited about the baby. I know she's still going to counselling about the miscarriage and I've been to several sessions with her. Seeing her excited and wanting to make plans for the nursery fills me with joy. I was happy in two weeks we would be three months pregnant and can tell the world.

"Jane please wait till we've told the king about the baby before you tell the rest of the family".

She smiles at me, "Protocol I get it".

I open the magazine and show them the picture of the nursery I like. There was a white crib with a selection of animals drawn on the wall.

Eva takes the magazine from me and look at the two page spread.

"I love this how my goodness do you think we can get the designer who did this to do our baby's nursery?"

I laugh, "Darling you're a princess trust me she will jump at the chance to be working for royalty".

"I'll get in touch with her for you guys leave it with me".

"Thanks mum,"  I hear Eva say excitedly.

We spend an hour looking at baby items online and in magazines. We sit and have dinner and it was joyous and wonderful. I listen as Eva ask her mother about the family's business.