48: Present

A/N: chapter 2/3 that will be posted throughout the day, stay tuned and enjoy <3

"Things in the dream had slightly shifted. The fire was still there, yet, this time it swallowed in the boy. It would consume his body. He'd breath it, the fire would sneak inside him and as he took a deep breath, the blaze would vanish from around him. He'd tame it, store it inside his eyes; painting them in a bright, deep dark red. Yunhee was holding a girl, a toddler in her arms; it snowed around them, the snowflakes fell on their hair. Yet, this time, the girl was very much alive. Her hands were joined together, holding something that she refused to show. A shout excited, full of happiness would echo around the forest; chuckling, the girl would dash out of Yunhee's arms. She'd recognize the boy as the one from the fire as he ran, speeded towards the girl. Tightly, he'd hug her, smiling. And, at last, the girl would reveal what she held in her hands– the three phases of the moon. A crescent moon, a full moon, a waning moon. Maiden, Mother, Crone. The boy would grab her hands and gently, he'd close them again. The three phases of the moons would merge, forming a new moon which is the absence of light, of a glowing orb in the sky. Darkness would cover the skies and in a blink of an eye, above Yunhee's head, one by one, stars would arise. Preparing the sky for another moon to arrive. A rebirth. The goddess had decided to bring you both back to life, to give you both a chance. A beginning." Those present were overwhelmed, baffled at every fact, every statement that leisurely, slipped from Jinsang's mouth. Only Hani an Jungkook remained calm, collected; they were certain that what they were hearing wasn't even half of the things they were supposed to know. "Alec was small around that time. His birth to us had been proof that the goddess had forgotten about their plan. However, this new dream... gave us hope. In the months that followed it, Yunhee got pregnant with Hani. Meanwhile, I invested my time into finding the boy. It took us 4 years to learn of your whereabouts Jungkook but eagerly, we reached out. Your mother came to our pack under the assumption that we were a distant relative of your father. She was shocked to find out the truth and even after everything Yunhee told her, even after warning her about the fire, about the importance of you staying with Hani... she chose to leave. She chose to ignore the fate destined, the path you had to take. And so, you two were separated once again."

The Alpha felt torn. Well, in reality, he simply just didn't want to accept the bitterness that Jinsang's statement arose, towards his mother. He wondered what would have happened if she had listened to Yunhee, if they had stayed. Surely, their life would have been so much better, right? Hani's pack was nice, they'd accept them warmly. Jungkook wouldn't have to experience the public humiliation, the harassment, the mockery, the curses that were thrown at his parents and him. His mother would be able to open her flower shop and watch it grow there. If she had only listened, perhaps, they'd still be alive and the Alpha wouldn't have to carry the trauma, the pain, the guilt they had left behind for him to hold onto.

"I believe she thought she could protect you. That ignorance was safer than knowledge. Yet, it is important that you know, that I'm not the only one who can see. There's someone else who can, someone else who is able to see things like I do. And thanks to them, Ulric and his father, continued on with their goal – to monopolize their lineage. They wanted to be the only Alphas, they wanted to be unique. True Alphas were a threat to that goal of them, they switched the hierarchy. They positioned themselves above them, in a pillar so high, no matter how much they tried, they could never reach it. Remember that, Jungkook. Don't let him sway you into believing otherwise." The story transformed into an advice, a scolding from the older male. His tone was harsh, stern. Jinsang knew Jungkook better than what the boy was expecting, which only proved to him, furthermore, how strong their bond had once been. "That's why True Alphas were killed. It's not leadership that they crave for, it's just power, strength – a means to turn everyone into their little pets. This is merely a hunch, yet, I'm inclined to believe that the seer that is working with them, somehow, saw Yunhee's dream, even before she could see it herself. Perhaps, there was something about your second birth, or something, a lingering trace of your greatness that remained on your hands, and that only those close to you could notice. Either way, she found out about it. However, without no wolf, it was hard to be certain; so, in order to keep a close eye on you, you were marked... The scar. Then, the hunting started. With you under close vigilance, Ulric's father searched for Hani. Once more, the seer of theirs has knowledge beyond my expectations. They knew what they were looking for, they knew Hani's characteristics and, above all, they knew the one special characteristic that turned Hani, much like yourself, special. Her blood."