19: Freedom and where it lies

The Alpha was wide awake in bed. He had been since Hani fell asleep next to him, already late in the night, after many hours of talking to one another about the things their wolves had showed them. Now, delicately curled around her, the Alpha lovingly watched her sleep; delighting himself in every breath she released from her lips, the way her eyelashes fluttered gently if he moved in the slightest of ways and how she instinctively nuzzled further into him as the hours passed throughout her sleepy state, pushing her body closer and closer to his, although the boy hadn't moved an inch. There he stood unmovable with his eyes glued to hers. Unconsciously, perhaps, he was repainting the painful memories his brain had left from those days absent of her. The sun was rising slowly in the horizon, lighting up and washing away the darkness of the night. And Jungkook, trapped in her image, he too, coloured the once painful memories with tones of Hani.

It was still early in the morning when the sleepy Luna noticed something wasn't right. Her eyes opened, abruptly shooing the sleepiness away, and she turned around in bed, to find Jungkook's spot empty. Confusion was the first emotion that coated her, causing the girl to sit on the bed as she scanned the room around her. Then – when the memories of the day before reached her – fear was the only thing she felt. In a haste, she got dressed; forgetting her breakfast and everything else that was a part of her morning routine. Outside, the weather was sunny. Warmth, little by little, settling into the air; alerting everyone to the approach of the changing of season. Hani's feet guided her through the different places in the pack, searching for Jungkook in every corner. She spotted Yoongi at the little market and quickly, she rushed towards him. The male was caught off guard and shock painted his face; but Hani was talking in panic filled words, clutching onto Yoongi's shoulders and shaking them gently. He was baffled at the frightened girl, intrigued at why she appeared so distressed. Shrugging it off, Yoongi calmly explained that he had seen Jungkook early in the morning at the pack house. They had talked for a bit, before the Alpha left and that, most likely – judging by how tense he looked – he had gone to the woods to cool off some steam. The information wasn't enough to reassure the girl but, nevertheless, she thanked him. She jogged back to their cabin and went around it, finding the entry to the forest that led to the clearing she had seen him in before. Her steps slowed down while she walked amongst the trees, trying to recall the path she had done in the past. And, finally, she found him.

Blending with the silence of the woods, Jungkook was standing in front of a tree. His head was bent, tricking one into believing the Alpha was relaxed; however, he was more attentive than ever, prepared to face any fleeting change in the environment. Hani observed him detailly, attempting to understand what he was up to at such early hours of the morning. His dark bangs were covering his face, gently they were being blown by the wind. She decided to go towards him; she too had fallen into his trickery, assuming he wasn't aware of her presence. Under her feet, a twig broke. The sound appearing bigger when faced with the quietness of the woods. Swiftly, he vanished right in front of her eyes and, even before Hani could guess where he had gone, she felt him trapping her body in his arms. The Alpha left a strong flirty kiss on her cheek as he giggled against her skin; amused by how easily he had surprised his mate. She turned around and instead of a smile, a frown had taken over her lips. Abruptly, Jungkook's giggles ceased and he coughed awkwardly not really understanding what he done to upset her.

"You left me in bed by myself without an explanation, idiot" Hani scolded, slapping the back of his head gently. Jungkook sighed in relief and chuckled to himself. The girl's stare hardened at the cheeky Alpha and she opened her mouth to scold him even more fiercely. But, before words could leave her, Jungkook clashed his lips against hers passionately; erasing all words from her tongue. Forgetting the grumpiness that her worry had formed, Hani smiled as his lips pressed themselves on hers. "You could have told me you'd be here. I was worried something had happened..."