46: Time

A/N: thank you so much for 8k reads, i love you all so so much

"I'm really proud of you, you know that right?" The Luna's voice broke the calm reassuring silence that had settled around the group, after they had crossed the greenery wall. The Alpha glanced at her, from his position, crouching down on the floor next to Fai who, happy to have him back, pointed at the little bugs that were on the floor. "You took care of all of them. They all made it this far, thanks to you"

"We had anger, wrath, gruesomeness on our side... emotions that although I do not enjoy, were necessary. It was all that I had. And I, just like all those other men, would do whatever we had to, to come back to our families alive and well." Jungkook's eyes lifted from the toddler and they faced her. Dry blood tainted his face and unlike the first time they had been there, where a similar situation had happened, Hani did not shiver. Slowly, she trailed towards him. He watched her attentively, studying her, wondering why did that glow in her eyes shone so bright. "I'm proud of you, immensely. You kept all those people safe, people who could not fight... I heard from your father the risk you took. It was really brave of you. I want you to know how thankful I am for you and how incredibly proud I am of you as a Luna, as my mate."

"It's not what we do that makes us grand. It's why we do it." Hani's hands caressed Jungkook's dark locks who grew longer day by day. Gently, she crouched down next to him, and on cue, Fai waddled towards her. Naturally, he wrapped his arms around her chest and he nuzzled his face there, rubbing his nose against her shirt, so as to take in her scent. "I'm proud of you, because you always fight for what you believe is the right thing, Jungkook. And you have proven many times before that to you, the right thing will always be family. I... I became brave, similarly as how you have become strong, because I want to protect this family. What matters is that we are here and that everyone is safe."

"We were lucky that only their patrol group found us. Still, he knows. And if he didn't yet, he will know now" Standing up, the Alpha stated. Hani followed him with Fai in her arms. Jungkook sighed and he closed his eyes, as he took a deep breath. He was definitely stressed. "We need to get settled and ready before he decides to strike."

"Are you sure he knows it's us?" The girl questioned while she bounced the toddler up and down on her arms. "We didn't tell anyone that we were leaving the pack and you guys... handled it, all of them, right?"

"That's true" Jungkook wrapped his arm around Hani's waist, pulling her and alongside her, the toddler, next to his chest. "We left a mess Hani... he doesn't need a tag to know its my doing. We need to get settled and prepared as fast as we can. From now on, the clock is ticking"

They were face to face, the three of them, with the branches, full of thorns and ivy, that enter whined with one another, forced a barrier to all those who wished to cross. The gap between them, allowed Jungkook and Hani's eyes to lock with the cave. They studied it attentively, in fact, their eyes observed it differently, this time. Perhaps, that's why they were slightly hesitant, yet, eager to enter the place. They were aware of the story, the past that they had built there. A bitter one, full of longing. They took the first step forward and everyone's eyes watched them from afar, curious and intrigued with their actions. The Alpha took Fai from Hani's arms, he held her hand tightly, and determinately, he guided them through the branches. They hadn't uttered any words, neither had they given any orders or warning glances. So, unbeknownst to them, the group slowly got up and mimicking the mates' movements, they reached the other side. Jungkook continued on leading, it was natural for all of them present to follow him. Funnily enough, it even seemed that the branches made way for him and for all those who walked the same path as him. The Alpha approached the entry, but his feet rooted themselves to the ground. Above his head, ivy covered the rocks. Jungkook knew, he remembered what the ivy hid. The symbol, the sign that that cave had been his, theirs. His fingertips touched the plant, he clutched it with his fingers and instead of just moving it to the side, assertively, the ivy was ripped from the rock – exposing the carving of the wolf for all of them to see. Fai, somewhat, allured at the engraving, trailed his tiny fingers over the wolf; Jungkook and Hani shared a meaningful smile, as their eyes, shining with tenderness and relief, watched the toddler.